Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It: Chapter 2 (Muschetti, September 2019) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jmwhit04, Jun 20, 2018.

1. i almost shit my pants when the old lady creepily dances across the door way. fuck that shit!

GrantCloud and David Parke like this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The old lady scene from the mini-series was the first thing I saw of that as a kid when I happened to walk in the room when my mom was watching it on TV

3. I still have never seen the second half of the mini-series. So I'm really looking forward to go into this new movie without any expectations.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That scene holds up so well. The makeup for the dad crone is horrific, and those slurping sounds haunt me.

chewbacca110 and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I just went back and watched the old lady scene from the mini-series on YouTube, and I have no recollection of it whatsoever. I'm thinking I only watched the first half too. I only remember all stuff with them as kids and then randomly one scene where I think they're fighting the spider but you can see all of their & it's shadows on the wall.... I might be making that last part up. It feels like I fast-forwarded my VHS to hurry up and see how it ends.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Is that when someone goes into the house, there's the blood tea, and they leave and the house is boarded up?

chewbacca110 likes this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Because the visuals from that scene have stuck with me since I was 9 and it's absolutely terrifying.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Correctamundo.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Awwwwwww yeah. They botched a fair amount but that is one scene that is as perfect as it could have been considering where it was airing.

And yeah the second half has a lot of the messy stuff but it’s absolutely worth watching. I can’t imagine only seeing the first part and not the conclusion.

Brother Beck and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, fuck that scene, haha

11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I usually had to sneak watching stuff like this when I was a little kid, and there's a strong chance I was watching a VHS that was taped off of ABC.

12. tvck

Trusted

ahhh the original DVR.

trevorshmevor and Brother Beck like this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The official VHS for this was two tapes, and yes, I still own it.

Brother Beck likes this.
  14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I used to go to a mom & pop video store when I was younger called Lake Ripple Video, and the older couple who ran it knew us and our family and they had an agreement with my mom that I could rent a lot of R-rated movies - like Die Hard and things like that - but they would call my mother when I tried to rent anything that seemed too scary or extreme. I can remember specifically getting shot down when attempting to rent Peter Jackson's Dead Alive, and also Basic Instinct.

I must have gotten shot down on the IT miniseries as well, because despite the fact that I can remember ogling the big double VHS box with Tim Curry's Pennywise clown face but reptilian hands on the cover in the store, the copy I remember watching the first half of was definitely recorded off of TV. It was grainy and kinda looked like the tracking needed to be adjusted and it had a few seconds of commercial at the beginning and end of the breaks where my cousin or uncle or somebody tried not having the commercials in.

15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I watched it when I was like 7 because my best friend and I saw the VHS at like the grocery store and we loved Tim Curry and his mother just must have been fully out to lunch when she looked at it. We put it on when we got back to his house and he spent half the movie hiding behind the couch. Then he lent it to me to “finish it at my house” and refused to ever take the copy home, lol.

Brother Beck likes this.
  17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Is that the copy you still have...???

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

Excited for this. Enjoyed this first one a ton, but was not scared by it really, hoping this one brings it a bit more.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes yes. But I also have it on DVD and the audiobook and multiple paper copies.........

20. Night Channels

Trusted

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Didn’t think the trailer was creepy but it gave me a nightmare

chewbacca110 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Are there any other specific scenes that book fans here are really hoping for or excited about?

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I just hope they move the Losers Club orgy to when they're adults

24. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I don't know if I'm excited for it but I'm curious if they'll do the Ritual of Chüd in any capacity.

chewbacca110 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The shots in the trailer of the kids kissing and then the adults kissing triggered me hard.