Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It: Chapter 2 (Muschetti, September 2019) Movie • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jmwhit04, Jun 20, 2018.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And sweet baby Jonathan Brandis who poured so much heart and soul into Bill. Honestly I know it sometimes gets grief for the cast, but I thought they all did a great job. Richard Thomas has an unfortunate ponytail but still kills it, and Tim Reid just IS Mike.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

It's not very good lol. Tim Curry is definitely memorable tho

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The miniseries is great. Cast is really good, and Tim Curry absolutely kills as Pennywise. Most of the negatives about it are down to budgetary constraints and the limits of what you were allowed to do on network TV back then. Parts of it are extremely cheesy and dated but there are parts that are truly frightening.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The scene where they look at the photo album and the town comes to life is SO GOOD and doesn’t get brought up enough. It’s so eerie to slowly realize Pennywise was there the whole time and come into focus.

And agreed that a lot of the worst offenses come down to how much it was sanitized for TV. I’m always a sucker for goofy special effects and narm charm, but having it cleaned up a lot is one aspect I always wish was different.

Brother Beck and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Annette O’Toole tho

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

One of the things I like about the miniseries - and to be completely fair, this may not have been so much of a deliberate creative decision as just what they sorta had to do - is how they trusted Tim Curry a little more to just act creepy AF in his costume and get across the dread and scares that way. Some of the scenes of him just standing there holding some balloons are scary as all hell still to this day.

In the new films they far too often go for having Pennywise make scarymouth and lunge at the camera while the camera shakes absurdly. When they don't though - like when Bev sees Pennywise standing there putting on makeup in the hallway(?) behind Mrs. Kersh's apartment - it is some of the best stuff in both films.

Zilla and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  7. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Idk I saw the series for the first time after the first movie came out, and that shit did not scare or interest me at all. I could barely stay awake through the second act.

I’m trying to get through the book though, so once I’m done, I’ll rewatch the series and see if my opinion changes!

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Love her so much. I hated the way they wrote the Bev and Tom scene in chapter two, especially in comparison to how she played it years ago. It’s plagued by silly stuff like him getting knocked out by a plastic makeup tub, but she’s so LIVID and shrinks him down so well that I don’t care about the other aspects.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finally got around to seeing this tonight. It's definitely good but nowhere near as good as the first one. I already didn't really think the first one was scary but this one was even less so, and there were a few plot points that I really didn't like (though I'm sure they were in the book)

The cast is amazing though, particularly Hader and the guy that played Eddie. Really awesome, trippy visuals too

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I was honestly pretty bored during the last 45 minutes or so when all the crazy shit was happening in It's lair. None of it was really scary or even creepy, just them running around in strobe lights and getting dirty.

3 hours is too long for most movies, especially a horror movie.

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

GrantCloud, RyanPm40, Tyler and 4 others like this.
  12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

15. theagentcoma

did you make this so you would have a video to show us?

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Bozo’s saying it.

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

no it's a viral video, it went viral

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It took me forever to figure out that was a video made for the show and not some weird archival footage.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Clownputer? Fuck that, probably got no games

20. theagentcoma

I'm not even supposed to be here. I hope I don't jack off.

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

IT and ITYSL coming together in this thread warms my heart.

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I can't believe how much I hated this. The first part was perfect. Loved every bit of it. This was hokey, cartoony, and boring. Character motivations were complete nonsense. I don't get how this ended up so bad.

24. Hah, Doctor Sleep is a better sequel to The Shining than It Chapter Two is to It Chapter One, even though they're based on separate books and are from different directors decades apart.

jkauf likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Night Channels likes this.