Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It: Chapter 2 (Muschetti, September 2019) Movie • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jmwhit04, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

You would like to think that they picked that location for just that very reason.

333 GANG and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

I would, but I think it’s more likely that it’s the only pharmacy (aside from a large scale modern one that wouldn’t fit the era) in the town where almost the entire movie was shot haha

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Might have missed it many posts ago, but where was it filmed?

Unrelated: I’m from Tewksbury, MA and they’ve been filming scenes of Castle Rock at a state hospital in my town!

333 GANG likes this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I got a lot of Stranger Things vibes this time around, and especially when it came to the ages of the kids. As silly as some of the clothes and hair looked during S3, it didn’t detract from the story at all, and de-aging would have been a mistake. Not sure why they felt like they had to do something so major here.

333 GANG likes this.
  5. Just got out from my showing - I liked it

zachmacD, 333 GANG and Brother Beck like this.
  6. 333 GANG

ACAB

Derry in the films is Port Hope, Ontario, Canada. A small town about 20 minutes east of where I live. Really cool, older little town. The theatre they show in the movie called the Capitol Theatre that Hader enters is actually called the Capitol Theatre. I believe that’s the only signage downtown they left as is.

Pennywise’s creepy house, however, was built in Oshawa, Ontario. I went to see it when the facade first went up before shooting the first film. It was really neat to see. Here’s a picture I took.

6B2EB914-EFAC-43DE-8BBC-069014594CA3.jpeg

Attached Files:

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

love seeing your background insights - just wanted to say that

Brother Beck and 333 GANG like this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The downtown shots in this looked so much like where my dad lives, even though he’s in Virginia. They nailed the classic “every small town” vibe. Wish they spent more time getting under the town’s skin this time.

333 GANG and Brother Beck like this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m glad! Thank you!

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

You’re very welcome!

Here’s a picture of the backside of Pennywise’ house.

9EB43AB6-2989-4823-8069-DF040B3DFA04.jpeg

The funny thing about where they decided to choose to erect this thing is that it’s like a block away from downtown Oshawa (a pretty large city in my area) on a vacant lot. It was so strange seeing it sitting there surrounded by completely regular homes lol

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Man was this bad. It’s like it took note of everything that was bad about the first one (You like jump scares? Have all the jump scares in the world!) and stretched that out to almost three hours.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also this is a super small thing that’s hard to explain, but I was really hoping during the final battle that when the balloon came out of the artifact holder (yikes even typing that) it would fill up the space they were standing in like the heart of the spider in the book and actually become It, leading to the next phase of the fight. I was holding my breath in anticipation and then it just popped instead.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was one of my big problems with it, all the actors (minus Chastain) seemed like they were forced to mimic the quirks and mannerisms of how they acted as children. Like, I understand they’re kind of stuck in arrested development becauss of latent trauma, but it seems to get in the way of the actors finding their footing with the characters and chemistry with the others.

Jusscali and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I felt this way about Eddie the most. He got better as things went on, but I do not get the hype about Ransone’s performance at all. In a lot of the early scenes he legitimately seemed like he was doing a Jack Dylan Grazer impression versus inhabiting the same character.

Chastain didn’t have that vibe, but they also gave her so little to do for most of it that she just felt flat instead. Cutting back and forth to the super dynamic kids didn’t help that for any of them either.

Jusscali, Zilla and Brother Beck like this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

What do you think the odds are that we will actually ever see an extended / complete / director's cut version that combines the two parts and re-edits things to be a little more in line with the structure of the novel...?

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I loved this. I wanted to see more of Pennywise’s origin, but it was still cool.

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I honestly think that’s pretty likely given how incredibly popular it’s become, but only some of the issues can be fixed by that at this point. The major character and story changes are just going to be there no matter what, for better or worse. I would still love to see it though.

Brother Beck likes this.
  19. Lol the movie stresses me out just a little bit

401381C0-0C7B-4FE0-BE69-1F8A5E27A1A7.jpeg

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

decent but kind of let down and surprised by some of the super positive reviews. nowhere near as good as part one

jkauf, Jusscali, Zilla and 1 other person like this.
  21. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Went in with very tempered expectations and still managed to be let down. Fun enough, but bad.

jkauf likes this.
  22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t really know how the sequel would be as compelling as them as kids, but it definitely wasn’t.

I found this to be good at points, alright at most times, and some really awful parts in the end. It was also fucking long ... I felt kind of bored during the ending “battle” and that it went on forever.

I think Hader and Ransone were great.

23. stayillogical Sep 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2019)
    stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Reminds me of the time when my Fitbit registered the nap I took for 10-15 minutes during Batman vs Superman.

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m surprised by all the hate it’s getting in this thread. I enjoyed it...more than the first. As someone who read the book, I was extremely disappointed with the first movie so maybe my expectations were more aligned this time around.

In chapter 2, I thought the deaths were sad and the movie was overall pretty trippy. I’d love to see the directors/combined cut

chewbacca110 and 333 GANG like this.
  25. zachmacD

Trusted