Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It: Chapter 2 (Muschetti, September 2019) Movie • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jmwhit04, Jun 20, 2018.

1. If Bill Hader crushing it is the only positive thing about this movie then it will probably still be one of my favorite theater experiences of the year

333 GANG likes this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hader steals the show in everything he's in. I still have to watch Barry

mad, trevorshmevor and BackyardHero11 like this.
  3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yes. yes. yes you do haha

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It seems way too long, and based on some reviews, it sounds like it drags and suffers because of it. This isn't Avengers Endgame where they had to worry about a culmination of 10 years of work.

I can't see myself wanting to sit through this movie for that long and will probably wait until it's out of theaters because of it so I can pause it and take breaks.

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Everyone complaining this movie is almost three hours... y’all remember that Part 1 is a solid 2 1/2 hours right? This one is barely longer than part 1

Cameron likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I thought Part 1 dragged in places it shouldn't have while not developing enough in places it should have. I didn't think Part 1 was that great and was periodically checking my watch

Jusscali and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I am fucking stoked for this movie. Couldn’t have asked for a better cast. Give me a 4 hour version fuq it

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Same.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Give me the 44 hour audiobook in visual form, nothing else will satisfy me.

zachmacD, DrAlanGrant and Jusscali like this.
  12. moura

Regular

...so long as I could scene skip the kiddie-gangbang scene... :teethsmile::crylaugh:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Well of course that will be left out. But I want endless It content otherwise!

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Bang bang

15. Zach

Trusted Supporter

No! That sounded cool

333 GANG likes this.
  16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

movies are regularly too long and I was very skeptical when they said this was almost 3 hours, seems like I may have been right.

The Hader praise has me pumped though, also hearing Ransone is great. I always liked that dude

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

The scene is still in it, they just changed it so me and the others aren’t a part of it. I’m devastated lol

18. Got my IMAX tickets he’ll yeah I’m pumped

phaynes12 likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Has there been any mention how much screentime the kids from the first one have? I don't expect a lot but I'm curious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Seems like a lot of flashing back which some critics had issue with but... the book is written like that. I definitely don’t see that as a bad thing.

tdlyon and BackyardHero11 like this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I read they had to use de-aging CGI on the kids to make them look like themselves from 2 years ago

thedrudo, chewbacca110 and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. personalmaps Aug 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 23, 2019)
    personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

The thing that makes Stephen King an ubiquitous force in the literary world is not just that he can craft a scary story, it's that he can make the characters feel frustratingly, beautifully real. There's a warmth to his writing that shines through, even in the darkest places. For example, when I think about something like 'Salem's Lot, I think about Ben and Susan's budding romance, I think about Mark's horror movie fanaticism, Father Callahan's battle with his faith, and how all of these things coalesce into the end of the book.

IT the book is scary, but it has that warmth in the scenes where the kids are being kids. There's a security in the fact that your friends are your friends and they'll believe you and help you, no matter what. The scariest part of each Stephen King story is the deconstruction of that feeling of safety, the slow cooling of the lengthy human build-up into whatever terrifying idea he's cooked up. In the first movie, when they're all in the swimming hole and they're playing and shouting and finding turtles, I was legitimately moved to tears because it felt like the filmmakers had finally captured what's made these books special to me since I was a kid.

Not to be all "critics just don't get it" but when I see critics looking for scares over these elements, I feel like they truly don't get it. He might not be the best writer of all time, but he gets it, whatever it is, and that's why we go back over and over and why sometimes the film adaptations just can't get it right.

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this is completely it, thank you. the last two chapters of the book when they say goodbye are what stuck with me far more than the scary Pennywise parts.

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I stayed up until four in the morning to finish the first time I read the book, and I cried for the rest of the night. Hit me like a ton of bricks.

Brother Beck and Rowan5215 like this.
  25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

“I think that, even if we forget each other, we'll remember in our dreams.”:verysad::verysad::verysad:

chewbacca110 and Brother Beck like this.