Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It: Chapter 2 (Muschetti, September 2019) Movie • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jmwhit04, Jun 20, 2018.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

"isn't as refined as the first"

I would hardly call the first one refined either :shrug:. I also didn't think it was very scary at all so that's a bummer to hear people say this is even less scary.

3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah...not good news for me.

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Not sure what these reviews specifically mean by "not as refined"? Is it just longer and slower paced than Chapter One?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Guess I'm tempering my hopes

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It being less scary is actually good news for me lol, I wasn't scared of the first one but I loved it, and I don't really like scary movies lol

7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

i tend to ignore the idea of what's scary and what's not in reviews because it's so subjective on what actually frightens someone. I'm super excited for this movie, even more excited at the idea of a recut of both Chapters together.

I don't know about everyone else, but the success of a horror movie for me doesn't have to actually frighten me personally, as long as I'm engaged by the story and believe the characters performances that they are afraid of what's scary or supposed to be scary. some things in Chapter 1 definitely frightened me (I also hate clowns haha), but I was always sold by the great performances of the kids.

Zach and Syre Dream like this.
  8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

excited about the Hader hype. love that dude

9. Rowan5215

yeah, getting best actor nods in a film with James McCoy and Jessica Chastain (and Bill Skarsgard!) is no small thing. hyped for him and Ransone's portrayals the most

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah people all unanimously praising Hader just has me more hyped.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Plus that article about how Bill goes in on this role as Pennywise

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Looks like Bill Hader is going to be a very very in demand actor going forward

bradsonemanband and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

No negative reviews will affect me at this point. I wasn't really expecting this to be that scary tbh. Not crazy about a lot of jump scares but that's not surprising at all. That fun house scene alone probably has like 10 of them lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. Rowan5215

I've probably said it before itt but IT, as written by King, is a coming-of-age story cleverly wrapped inside the tropes of a horror. yes, it's important that an adaptation keeps the scary parts, but it's hardly necessary that it be absolutely terrifying to everybody watching - in fact it makes more sense by far that all the scares would be things that scare children the most (eg clowns, creepy paintings, all that) because that's literally Pennywise's reason for existing. if the adaptation nails the casting and relationship between these fantastic characters, as Chapter One did and I'm pretty confident feeling Chapter Two will also do - it's a successful adaptation of the text

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So let’s say mixed reviews

Cue popstar gif

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lol I can't believe this movie is almost 3 hours long

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

The Rolling Stone review is just a poop emoji

Cameron likes this.
  20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Why can’t you believe it and what makes it funny

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Now your kids with your loud music, and your Dan Fogleberg, your Zima, hula hoops and pac-man video games, don't you see? People today have attention spans that can only be measured in nanoseconds!

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Happy to hear Bill Hader nailed it. I’m still worried about Bill and Ben, but I’m really excited to see what Richie is like.

I definitely want the relationships to work and be the focus, and for Mike to get more to do. And I’m ok with it being “less scary” if that means less traditional jump scares and horror tropes, but if they lose the existential terror and “adult fears” from the book I’ll be really sad.

Brother Beck and Rowan5215 like this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Just spoke to a critic who saw this, and now I’m like 90% sure my little bit got cut from the movie, and now I’m super bummed lol

24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

For the most part, even the 'negative' reviews that I have read have done nothing to temper my excitement for this. A 3-hour second chapter to a first chapter that was relatively quick and fast paced is always going to strike some as unwieldy, nevermind just the fact that a lot of people will feel that way about a 3-hour horror movie anyway.

333 GANG and BackyardHero11 like this.