Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It: Chapter 2 (Muschetti, September 2019) Movie • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jmwhit04, Jun 20, 2018.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i can swim better than sharks, actually. it's badass

2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Baby Shark maybe...

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

When I was a kid I would always look up at the ceiling whenever I went in the bathroom because I thought someone would be squeezed up there like a ninja and jump down and get me

Zach and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. Dude! Spoiler tag that shit!

Jk jk jk we are just having fun here!

[​IMG]

Zach likes this.
  5. RyanPm40 Aug 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2019)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Finally saw IT. It was pretty good? Definitely overhyped.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it for sure, but lots of weird decisions and pacing issues. Really had no need to be over 2 hours long, the damsel and distress trope was bad, Mike was a completely pointless character that you barely noticed when he was even there or not, and Pennywise was more silly than scary? Him doing his dance in the sewer in front of Bev got a big LOL from me, it looked like someone's YouTube fan version of Pennywise with pretty awful CGI. It became too convenient for the kids to run away from him and the trope of him showing up, scaring them, coming insanely close to getting them, and then just disappearing got a bit stale as time went on. Why was he murdering everyone else immediately but just letting these kids get away all the time? What was so special about these kids in the very beginning when they *were* terrified and were alone and separated from each other as a group? The bullies were very over the top, too.

Idk, just some complaints, but it isn't enough to turn me off from the sequel. The kids were fantastic. Just felt more like a Goosebumps film than a real horror film, but maybe my expectations were very off.

6. Zach

Trusted Supporter

FWIW I think the CGI in the movie at that part was intentional. From what I’ve heard (haven’t been able to read much of it), the bullies are pretty mean (borderline evil?) in the book

RyanPm40 and 333 GANG like this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The bullies are beyond borderline evil in the book. They are truly heinous and are a really good example of the rot in Derry that has festered because of It. They are actually toned down a LOT in the film, although Henry killing his father was completely spot on.

Pennywise in the book also has a lot of humor to him, much more like Tim Curry’s version than this, so I appreciated when the movie brought some of that back. This version is so obviously evil that you never really understand why any kids would ever be seduced.

I’m assuming that the power of the losers will be “explained” way more in part two as well, to the extent that it can be.

You’re dead on about Bev and Mike though. Those changes sucked and there’s no excusing them.

8. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I agree with your criticisms on Bev and Mike

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

T00 sp00ky

EDIT: click the tweet to see it on Twitter. Worth it.

10. Zach Aug 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2019)
    Zach

Trusted Supporter

What my microwave pizza sees at 3 AM

Edit: damn someone on Twitter beat me to that joke

Rowan5215 and 333 GANG like this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Getting super excited for this.

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Trailer looks..... yikes.

13. Watched Ch1 last night in prep for Ch2. Still really enjoy that one for the most part.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

S P O O K Y

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

But a bit of a letdown, from the first one (which when the trailer came out, it looked REAL spooky)

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This one looks significantly scarier to me

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yep

333 GANG likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

22. Really pleased with how much scarier this one looks. Part of what made 1 so enjoyable were the comedic tones, but that humor wouldn’t translate super well to a story about adults. I feel like making this one a lot more focused on horror is the only way it would truly work as well

23. Zach

Trusted Supporter

That’s exactly how I feel about the two films. The jump scares work with the first film because that is what scares kids IRL. The adult film is going to me more dread-focused because that is what scares adults more. It just works

24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Viral marketing