Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It: Chapter 2 (Muschetti, September 2019) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jmwhit04, Jun 20, 2018.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Sure!

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I hadn’t even thought of that and I’m about to be mad.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. simonthebutler

Regular

I am all in for this

4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Pretty sure he just shouts “kid” a couple of times. I didn’t get the impression the boy was his, just that he didn’t want Pennywise to take a kid.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I never heard this, but I'd be super into it. but also we were told we were getting a directors cut of the first one soooo haha

David Parke likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That was my impression as well. The kid looked really familiar too, but maybe the actor has just been in something else.

I remember the talk of an extended cut putting them together, but I have no idea at this point if that was an official comment or just wishful thinking from fans. It’s definitely my dream, especially if it has extra footage.

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I would have gone with extended edition release of chapter 1 right around now to keep interest high for chapter 2, but I suppose it makes sense if they do it after both films are out. I'm really hoping for more footage from the part of the story covered in chapter 1.

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The miniseries was garbage

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I wouldn’t call it garbage per say, it’s a decent clean version of the book for general audiences and Tim Curry’s performance is legendary

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Did everyone here love the original? I’m excited for this but I can imagine just having more of the same issues I had with the first one.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Original meaning part one or original meaning the miniseries? I loved both for very different reasons.

I want that documentary about the miniseries to come out, haven’t heard any updates in a while.

12. Jusscali

No the new film. I didn’t love some of the typical modern day horror tropes - shaky cam, quick cuts, some of the effects...he’s far more scary or creepy when they let that shit breathe.

13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

It definitely was a little less weird and cosmic than I was secretly hoping, but they did the best they could without bringing all King's crazy-ass ideas to a screen where they likely wouldn't have translated. Pacing was very good and the mix of jumpscares with that slow, creeping, sick dread was about spot on for my tastes. Most importantly, the kids casting was all perfect and they nailed the interactions between them which sold that these are an actual group of friends with distinct hopes and fears; no matter how good your other shit is, if you mess that up you've failed adapting IT, imo. Overall, really loved it and definitely a step up from 90s miniseries.

14. Jusscali

Def a step up. I loved the cast, but I thought it was long (especially for a two part film) and wasn’t sold on the pacing as much. I think this one will be the “weirder” of the two.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

definitely what I'm hoping for. in the case of 1990 the kids' half is surprisingly solid, the acting (especially from Tim Curry) was very good and they established the dreamlike, surreal feeling very well... but the adults' half totally botched it with really bad acting and effects. hoping this Chapter Two does the reverse and fully commits to the weirdness, but if it's literally just a second half to the first, I'd still be satisfied with the whole

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Richard Thomas will always be Bill to me. Some parts with the adults are perfect, but the first half is definitely better.

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I thought part one was a great movie, but I will admit that it wasn't as scary as I was hoping it would be. I agree that the 'shaky-cam / jerk the camera around / loud music' thing almost every time there was a scare was overdone and not very effective at all. But the performances from the kids were fantastic across the board and Bill Skarsgård was INCREDIBLE as Pennywise and 100% sold me on a character design that I was a little shaky on. The handling of Mike's character was very disappointing, and I don't think the film was entirely effective in getting across the idea that Pennywise The Dancing Clown is just one form that It takes and that It is more than *just* that. I was disappointed in parts where the film held back (neutering the racist stuff) but impressed when it went places I didn't think it was going to go, like showing the Georgie attack and him desperately trying to crawl away through the rain and his own blood.

From the looks of the trailer though, a lot of my minor issues with the first one could easily be rectified in Chapter 2. A lot of them could have come down to the filmmakers not being entirely sure how the film was going to be received and I'm hoping they are emboldened by the runaway success of part one and they really go for it in Chapter 2. It looks like they may have.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Rowan5215 like this.
  18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I wanted to add that the first one was also one of those movies where I was following the production too closely and risked it negatively effecting what I ultimately thought of the film, because I am a HUGE fan of Cary Fukunaga and think he is one of the best filmmakers working today, and his take on IT sounded like it was going to be exactly the take I would have wanted on the material and a bonafide horror classic on the level of The Shining and The Exorcist. I like Andy Muschietti a lot but I don't think he is on the level of Cary Fukunaga.

I try to just watch the movie that got made and not hold what could have been against it but sometimes it is really hard and It Chapter 1 was one of those cases where it was tough. So that was another hurdle for me personally for part one and I have to say that I wasn't thinking about any of that while I was watching the movie.

thenewmatthewperry and Rowan5215 like this.
  19. Rowan5215

Cary Fukunaga is a fantastic director and visually one of the best but you can read his script online and... holy shit it's bad. like maybe it was still unrefined when he got taken off the movie and it would have been improved along the way, but if you filmed the script I read it would have been an embarrassing mess... could be that Muschietti actually saved the film

Brother Beck likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I will never forgive them for what they did to Mike and how they made Bev into a damsel in distress. I had few issues other than that, but those will always stand out to me.

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I believe you if you say you read his script online. I never read the script, I was solely going on the blurbs about how the project was going to be back then. If it's really that bad it sounds like we all collectively dodged a bullet.

Some of the shortcomings I had with chapter one were pretty easily understandable given the scale of what they were trying to adapt, but the handling of Mike and Bev were probably the most disappointing and needless.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

23. Jusscali

Dayum

24. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

lets goooooo