Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Blink-182 – “Bored to Death” Day • Page 7

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2016.

1. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Man, I've listened to the song 3 times in a row. It's a really solid track. I couldn't really recognize Matt's voice on first listen but this song hasn't let me down to say the least. Now onto the album!

2. berbakay

I still can't hear Matt

3. Schooner

Trusted

I really dig it off the first listen.

Probably been said pages ago but I'd laugh if they spacey bit at the end is a dig at Tom haha

Travis is sooo friggen good in this

I like Skiba's voice. It's very smooth. I do worry how similar it is to marks

4. samhouston

He sings the entire 2nd verse and chorus lead-in

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

He sings the first half of the choruses and the second verse

6. pbueddi

Trusted

love the song. well worth the wait.

7. tomtom94

Trusted

YES. It sounds like +44 and I love that. I think Matt is trying a little too hard at times to ape Tom but not a deal-breaker. I think this song is going to grow on me a lot.

California is a meh title, but I'm going to judge this on the music.

8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Best song they've release in years, holy wow.

9. berbakay

Thanks. Can hear it now. Sounds like the whole chorus to me other than the 'life's too short' bit.

God damn, my two favourite singers from my two favourite bands and I can barely tell them apart!

10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

How much control over the band does Tom actually have? Do they have some agreement where all three members have to sign off, or is this a situation where the 2/3rds of blink can over rule Tom?

11. danielbass

Newbie Prestigious

Pretty sure this song just played on a different socal radio station..98.7 maybe?

12. samhouston

Wish it was possible to get more info on this - the "friendly divorce" comments made in the past made it seem like Tom was in the rear-view. Disappointing if he can come back and fuck things up yet again. Wish he'd just get out and move on.

13. rbf737

Regular

My first post on the new site and I can't think of better circumstances to do it under. Song is fantastic - like a perfect marriage of old pop punk Blink, self-titled edge, and shades of +44 with great productions thanks to John. And Travis is killing it as always.

I have to admit that I couldn't tell the two voices apart until someone pointed out which was which a minute ago haha.

Also if that previous post about Tom returning to the band or basically threatening legal battles just makes me sad; hopefully it's not true and we get to enjoy this new version of Blink cos this is great. Listening to it for roughly the 10th time now...

Schooner, Mokena and Jason Tate like this.
  14. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Latest Member: BoredToDeath

HEY TOM CLEVER DISGUISE

15. Horrorca

Trusted

I will miss Tom, but this is a really cool song!

16. Ryhaan

It's back.

AbsolutePunk likes this.
  17. BoredToDeath

You blew my cover almost immediately. A lot of good those top level government contacts did in helping to disguise me.

18. r0m4n44

After the 10th time listening it's safe to say that new blink is going to rule.
    Feldmann was the right choice.
    Let's all hope they're going to drop the album tomorrow!

Schooner likes this.
  19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Kroq just said Mark and Travis and maybe Skiba will be at the studio to announce it in about 20 minutes

Listen to KROQ on Radio.com

Matt. likes this.
  20. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I fuckin' love it.

21. SayHello

Regular

This is surprisingly great. Much better than the over-produced garbage that was Neighborhoods. Reminds me of some of their older material and will be a really fun summer LP. With that being said, I'll consider this "Blink-183" not Blink-182.

Raku likes this.
  22. Matt.

I could do without some of the echo-ey vocals and thats pretty much my only criticism.

This song exceeds all expectations...

23. Matt.

It's probably a 50/50 thing between Mark/Tom.

I'm not sure how travis would be brought into ownership partially through the band's existence.

Raku likes this.
  24. caseyaylward

It's funny that you/others consider Neighborhoods over produced, because this is without a doubt, the MOST produced they've ever been. And there's nothing wrong with that, but this is classic Feldman swinging for the fences.

fran.182, Raku and mattylikesfilms like this.
  25. SayHello

Regular

Maybe not over-production then, maybe that record sucked because it was weird / overly experimental and they seemed to lose their roots / what made them good in the first place?