Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Blink-182 – “Bored to Death” Day • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Guess: album stream tomorrow, on iTunes Friday. Full release on Thursday would mess up chart position considering it's the last day of the chart week.

(I hope it's Friday)

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

You're barking up the wrong tree on this site, man. Only certain bands (most recently The Hotelier) get a pass on this site for bad mixing/production. For those bands it's an artistic decision; everyone else with weird mixes sounds like garbage.

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

It sounds like learning all of Tom's parts really influenced Matt, that or he purposely tried to write in his style. Not a complaint though.

Raku likes this.
  4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

"Sigh". I know. But to me, it's not a weird mix it's the band progressing and doing as they please and i love it.

5. razorburn

Trusted

That's nuts. If true, the Rolling Stone interview makes sense now.

Raku likes this.
  6. CMilliken

Trusted

By the looks of that screen shot if they don't drop it tomorrow or Friday I'd almost be disappointed.

7. ParkwayTom

Forgive me, Nashville

That makes a lot of sense. I read an interview with Rolling Stone he did that came out today. Lots of it was about aliens and all of his bullshit, then they talk about Blink. There's a part in there where it says in parentheses "Confusingly, DeLonge called Rolling Stone a few weeks after this interview and said 'I'm still in the band.'" So you may be onto something.

Raku likes this.
  8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hey, I'm with you. I love the song and don't think there's anything wrong with the sound.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Just sign the fucking divorce papers, Tom.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. NotBruce

Regular

Man, it's so good.

11. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Jacob Davidson and Jason Tate like this.
  12. Raku

Regular

I've only listened to the song twice (might need to digest it more). My initial reaction was "meh" but on second listen it's an alright song. It's nothing grand, but I do like some of the "Tomisms" that they included in this song. Meaning it seems like a song Tom would write (especially with the oh oh ohs), and the fact that some parts of this song has Matt sounding like Tom if his voice continued to deepen (after WDNTW).

Colby Searcy and yeahrightdude like this.
  14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

yeahrightdude likes this.
  15. LOL.

Hey, you guys could have my job! ;-p

16. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I like that we posted at almost exactly the same time!!!

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Raku

Regular

18. samhouston

Did anyone get the full list of tour dates from the YouTube video overlay?

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I also don't hear any problems with the song. Feldman knows what he is doing.

Seriously. He should stop holding this band back.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

21. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

So good. Like a logical continuation of the direction +44 was headed. And let's face it, When Your Heart Stops Beating was way better than Neighborhoods.

22. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

So if the album does drop will it be bumped up to today too or will they wait until tomorrow? Accidental viral marketing. I want to buy this dang thing right now!

23. samhouston

IMO it'd make most sense to drop that tomorrow and announce it in their radio interview. I imagine there was some sort of deal with KROQ, hence them moving up the radio play to this afternoon. They could do an interview, drop the album and announce the tour, all in the same day.

Still keeps KROQ happy and gives them an awesome exclusive.

Jason Tate and yeahrightdude like this.
  24. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

This is exactly how I feel. This is fine too because +44 debut sounded like a continuation of the lighter parts of blink-182 with a little more electronics here and there

25. devenstonow

Noobie

Probably tomorrow.

yeahrightdude likes this.