Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Blink-182 – “Bored to Death” Day • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2016.

1. rst

Regular

The video im watching says "Blink-182 California Available at Blink-182.com" at the end. The video is still up, can we not post it in these threads or something?

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Oh man, that bridge.

Great great first song. Mark heavy, but still has some Skiba in it. Great stuff. Can't wait.

That would be killer! It sure seems like we will get something more than just a song tomorrow. To be honest, I don't know why they don't just drop it. I don't see how a normal roll out to an album release could immensely help them. Sure, it wouldn't hurt by any means, but I've got to believe that Blink 182 is big enough to do something like dropping an album out of nowhere and it being a much more positive thing than a negative?

3. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

JUST LEAVE ME AND MY PESSIMISM BEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'm happy.

5. Brandon339

Newbie Supporter

I want to go through this thread and like all the comments lol.

Jusscali and kidwithhelmet like this.
  6. ParkwayTom

Forgive me, Nashville

I absolutely love it. Such a kick ass sound. It has some +44 vibes to it, which is never a bad thing. The only complaint I had is that Mark and Matt's vocals are so produced and processed that I didn't even realize Matt sang on the song at all until my second listen. Other than that I think it's phenomenal.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  7. rst

Regular

haha fair enough!

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  8. TomFoolery

OH-IO Prestigious

I am a "California is gonna drop tomorrow" Truther

9. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Digging this, +44 vibes all over the place. big fan, excited for the rest :thumbup:

10. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Ugh this is so good. Never thought I'd hear two of my favorite vocalists harmonizing together. Dream come true.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Does anyone know what label is putting this record out?

12. caseyaylward

I have a friend who shares management with Blink. Apparently tom let them use the name for a certain period of time, believing the album would never happen. He's mad that it is actually happening, and there's apparently a stipulation that he will be returning to the band next year sometime or else major legal battles will ensue. Based on this information, it makes sense that California could ACTUALLY come out tomorrow because it seems like this process needs to happen fast.

13. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

Pretty sure Matt sings the second verse, pre chorus, "life is too short to last long" line, and trades vocals with Mark on the bridge. Not 100% though.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. DallasSF

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

So if they use the name and release the album, the band still needs to take Tom back next year?

16. Anthony_ Apr 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2016)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Song can still be found here for anyone who hasn't heard it:

I can't believe how awesome this is. It's so good. It's pretty much everything I wanted. Travis is still the best in the business. I would love for more Mat vocals on the rest of the album but other than that I'm even more sold than I already was. Who needs Tom when they sound this good without him. He was dragging their sound too far in the wrong direction anyway.

NationalPhenomenon and NotBruce like this.
  17. rst

Regular

This would also make sense why Tom told Rolling Stone that he was still in the band and that he wasnt fired or quit.

Raku likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Holy shit. I thought thats what the end of the video was referring to but I figured I read it wrong. I even checked Blink's site but then realized that the song was leaked. That would be insane and I would not be surprised since that happens to be the latest trend. If so, then fuck yes!

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Woah... and fuck Tom.

20. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Pros: Solid pre-chorus and chorus. Song has a good drive to it
    Cons: Don't know if it's the quality, but some of the effects on the vocals rub me the wrong way.

Very anthemic, I hope it becomes a popular song for the summer.

21. caseyaylward

Essentially yes, as I understand it. And it's not really take back, it's he's in, but just being substituted currently. Which doesn't mean that Mark and Travis aren't serious about Skiba and Tom being out, but it seems messy. There's probably a lot that we won't find out for a while. Anyway, it'll be an interesting roll out

Raku likes this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

23. Jackbo487

Regular

That italicized part would sure be fun...

Raku likes this.
  24. gabe

gabebravo.com

I'm into the new song. :thumbup:

25. theredline

Trusted Supporter

good tune. sounds great. anyone bitching about "production' or mix needs to give it up. it doesn't make you sound like you know music. it makes you sound pretentious. quit being picky and enjoy the new tune.

mattylikesfilms likes this.