Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Blink-182 – “Bored to Death” Day • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It sounds like blink-182. I like it. In a full album I'd like to hear some darker, more aggressive work and some stuff along the lines of the melancholy, artful stuff they did on untitled, in addition to the straightforward pop punk nature of this song.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

God bless John Feldmann.

Wish Skiba's voice was a little more pronounced. He and Mark have very similar voices tonally, so it will be interesting to see how they create the contrast Mark and Tom were so good at.

Actual bridge. Bless the lord.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. It wasn't. Someone fucked up and pushed it live early on Blink's website. I was literally in the middle of writing the post to queue up for tomorrow about it when it happened.

phillyfradet and mattylikesfilms like this.
  4. BigG1392

seems so scary to be buried

I already like this better than anything on Neighborhoods. This completely surpassed my expectations by a long shot.

5. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm glad it sounds like +44 because i love +44

GetUpAndrew and yeahrightdude like this.
  7. Jackbo487

Regular

8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Go ahead, keep Matt Skiba. I'm fine with Alkaline Trio being dead at this point.

9. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I leave the site for 30 minutes and this happens while I was away.

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. Jay Z

All her signals are getting lost in the ether...

Raku likes this.
  11. suppyguppy

Regular

Definitely sounds like a Plus 44/Alkaline love child. Pretty much to be expected. Liked the track but hope the album as a whole is better. Also Travis is an alien..so consistently good.

12. Derek MacDonald

Jason maybe you have more insight into this, how the hell do people mess these releases up still? I don't get it

13. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

I have the vk site in the background and it keeps looping the song. On my 5th listen now.

14. No idea. My guess is it was on a timer? Wrong date? Wanted to test? No clue.

15. Kinda love this

16. suppyguppy

Regular

So glad they brought on Feldman. They are definitely a band that greatly benefits from having a good producer.

17. the lovechild of +44 and Alkaline Trio

this album is gonna be right up my alley

we are in the year of our lord 2016 and i like a blink 182 song

Brandon339 and scott like this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

aaannnnddd I accidentally closed down youtube :verysad:

maybe its a good sign

19. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I didn't have any problems distinguishing Matt from Mark. But god damn this song was soooo good and Skiba did such an amazing job - he killed it. My body is ready for this new album.

20. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

haha exactly what i was thinking.

21. THEY HAD ONE JOB

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

this is great

23. razorburn

Trusted

Everything I wanted and more.

24. Jay

I'm sorry I don't laugh at the right time

I have to admit I was a bit nervous as to how this would sound and i'm pleasantly surprised. This is so much better than anything on "Neighborhoods" and tone wise everything sounds as it should. The drum and guitar tones on "Neighborhoods" were just awful, the tones on this song remind me of the "Take Off Your Pants" era. I think the band made a good choice in bringing John Feldman in to do the record, it reminds me of Jerry Finn's production work.

25. so are they officially called blink 182 with Matt Skiba

just like Saosin with Anthony Green