Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Blink-182 – “Bored to Death” Day • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2016.

1. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

I thought it sounded more like Feeling This, but maybe it's just the easily recognizable high pass filtered drum pattern, but I can hear some Adam's Song in it

fame likes this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea, it's such overused song title, but album titles are something I can generally ignore.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

+44 all the way.

4. Jackbo487

Regular

this was a tease, ugh

5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Totally hear Tom in this cause he's still in the band

6. Jay Z

Fuck yes.

7. Wow, this is pretty good (and much different than I was anticipating tbh). Very poppy. SKiba sounds great.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. SundayDrive555

Big step back maturity wise. I guess it's catchy. I know not too many people will admit it but this band is not the same without Tom. He brought them to their most sophisticated level with Self-Titled and its been kind of downhill from their TBH. This band is as much Blink-182 as Plus 44 is Blink 182. Mine as well have just gone under a different name.

Raku and austindavispdx like this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely love this. Did not disappoint at all! So ready to hear how the rest of the album will sound.

10. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Ambitious but poppy. Could see this getting definite radio play.

11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

So good, a bit safe but love it regardless! Listened to it out loud and mentioned that Matt sounds good and not too different to the wife and she said "That was Matt? I thought it was Mark?!" Lol they do sound q but the same.

12. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

Expectations for new blink, so far, have been met. Can't wait for the album release!

13. really enjoy this because of the +44 vibes

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Was not disappointed. But never am with Skiba.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

For sure. Plus if it comes out soon and has a (hate to say it) "California Summer vibe" to it then I can understand. I just want the record to be solid and so far it's looking as so!

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

that was sweet. Tom would have put his shit vox tone all over that track lol.

17. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

oh yeah major +44 feelings.

i only really ever liked the self-titled album. not a huge blink fan. but i LOVE +44 and box car racer. i didn't really think i'd like another blink song again, glad to be wrong though.

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

"MORE ATMOSPHERE NOW"

jorbjorb likes this.
  19. UPDATE: It looks like the video, which was definitely official, has been pulled from YouTube. If you got in early (or are one of the bazillion that probably ripped it), lucky you! The song will premiere on KROQ tomorrow at 7:00am (PST). Feel free to come join us in the forums and in this post’s thread to talk about the new music. I’m going to leave this post up for the rest of today and tomorrow to point people to the forums and will edit in the official stream when it goes live again.

20. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Well damn. I love it and hate it at the same time right now. I'm currently listening for the fourth time in a row. The chorus is awesome and catchy as hell. But the intro and verses sound like way too close to a combination of a couple of their songs. The ending rules. I was surprised at quite of bit of things that I thought was surely brought to the table by Tom and wouldn't appear on Blink songs anymore. The main thing being the Oh Oh's. That part surprised me, but it quickly growing on me. I'm sure that after a few more listens I will be OK with all of my instant concerns/qualms, and probably love the hell out of it. This definitely increases my high hopes. I read an article that described a bunch of the songs as sounding like dude ranch. But even as I'm writing this I'm loving this song more and more.

21. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

also, and i don't know why, i love that the album is called California.

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i was never a huge blink fan, but adding skiba piqued my interest and this song gets me pretty excited

23. Jackbo487

Regular

24. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

This is damn good. Agree with the +44 vibes.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I thought it wasn't supposed to be released till tomorrow..

Hopefully the band releases it on Apple Music and throws up a pre-order as well!