Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Been Five Whole Years

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I saw a bunch of people were getting their five year trophies in the forum this week. Wow does time fly.

Today is officially the fifth anniversary of Chorus. I’ve got no April Fool’s day shenanigans planned, but I did want to take a quick moment to thank everyone that reads this website on a daily basis. Whether you’ve been with us for one year, or almost 20, it means the world to me to be able to share a love for music with you.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

Mary V, Frinet42, lava890 and 5 others like this.
  2. IATAvalanche

Regular

woo 5 years. thanks for keeping this site running!

Orla, Frinet42 and falafelmywaffle like this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Getting fucking old.

grimis16, Orla, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

i won't feel old until this site doesn't exist any longer. no pressure jason.

Orla, slickdtc, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  5. zpatton14

Thanks Jason - keep up the great work. the site has been one of my favorites since day 1

Jason Tate and falafelmywaffle like this.
  6. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Damn. I remember learning about my favourite artists way back in high school on AbsolutePunk and still think of Chorus as the "new" site.

Orla, billyboatman, Frinet42 and 3 others like this.
  7. MUZIK4LYF

Happy 5 years Chorus! Every year is a blur at this point.

BoldType and Jason Tate like this.
  8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

As silly as it may sound, this site (and AP) have been fundamental in my life. Thank you for that.

j0hnnyrt, Orla, fredwordsmith and 4 others like this.
  9. razorburn

Trusted

Time flies.

10. Dang, 5 years. I remember the day this was announced & being excited for something new. Forever grateful the site continues to live on. Here's to 5 more!

billyboatman and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Hell yeah. Congrats @Jason Tate! Thanks for creating a community that so many of us have considered our little corner of the internet for so long.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I got my 5 year trophy earlier this week and I was like damn I can't believe it has been that long since AP.net shut its doors! Congrats on the 5 years Jason, here's to 5 more and beyond!

surgerone, 150Wrds and Jason Tate like this.
  13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Remember where I was, what I was doing, the whole deal. AP.net meant a ton for me, so this switch was a memorable one for me.

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve been on here and AP since 2007, when I was a junior in high school. As someone with no friends and not a lot of living family left, it’s made a huge influence on me.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Joined AP in 2003 and I'll be here in 2023. Cheers, Jason.

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Weird. I just hit 5K posts today.

17. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Just got my 5 year token a moment ago. Thanks for helping shape my musical tastes since.. 2005 or so? Here's to another 5!

BoldType, billyboatman and Jason Tate like this.
  18. SupMikecheck

@SupMikecheck

5 years? This rebrand has been the longest April Fools joke ever, I check everyday waiting for you to say “Gotcha!!” and going back to the Absolutepunk layout lolol

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

5 year trophy for the win! I haven’t even worked for the same employer for 5 years:crylaugh:

slickdtc and Jason Tate like this.
  20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Couldn’t believe it when I saw mine the other day. Rock on.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Thanks for all of that! I got my trophy too hahh, it hit me with the idea 5 years has passed already!

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Feeling quite geezerish after finding a picture of me looking at AP in 2003...

grimis16 and Jason Tate like this.
  23. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

5 years already?! Feels like yesterday. Amazing to think of all the big life events I've experienced in those 5 years and how Chorus has played an integral part in shaping the soundtrack to those events.

Thanks Jason!

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

Joined AP in 2002 (and of course, Chorus in 2016), been visiting daily ever since. You've built an amazing community, dude! Cheers!

25. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

AP in 2004, Chorus from day 1. It’s my second most visited webpage behind Defector and probably goes #1 half the week, especially when there’s a release I’m really stoked about.

More than ever, community is essential - for belonging, for mental health, for joy in life. Learning about new bands every week and talking about obscure artists with folks around the country or world has filled the large hole not going to shows for over a year has done for me.

Thank you, @Jason Tate. Like many others, the music I’ve found from this place has altered the way I view the world. That’s no small thing.

Now everyone subscribe and keep this going another 5 years.

https://forum.chorus.fm/pages/supporter-options/