Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Been a Year • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stephenvstrex

grace upon grace

i love chorus.fm on friday's for the discussion for new music but #unpopularopinion i love absolutepunk.net way more. the constant flux of music reviews challenged me as a writer. i'd like to see more music reviews for sure.

2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

more like absolutepoop

coleslawed likes this.
  3. ARo24

Regular

Wow, almost 35k registered that's impressive. Congrats again! The site's great.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. dzyjay

Regular

100% think chorus is better than AP. Its just way cleaner and less losers posting. The comments being way more respectful is huge. Thanks Jason!

teebs41 likes this.
  5. dzyjay

Regular

And blink being more active at the same time as chorus started.. coinsidence?!

teebs41 likes this.
  6. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

I love chorus but idk absolute punk felt more genuine and less scripted, I understand there needing to be some order in place but a lot of the site seems too restrained for my liking. But hey, that's the beauty of perspective. I guess.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

today in drew's review queue

50 reviews half done

Drew Beringer likes this.
  8. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Never forget #GFYTN

latortuga likes this.
  9. AbsolutePunk was my guide to music for so many years and Chorus continues to be. The only things I think I really want for the site going forward are faster posting time for some news (sometimes stuff will get posted here hours or days after it happened and got reported elsewhere), more reviews, and just a little bit more personality for the appearance of the site (the black, white, and blue is way nicer than the clutter of ap.net but just a little too sterile for my tastes).

Otherwise, I'm a happy supporter and still in love with the community you've fostered over the years. Cheers to even better days in the future!

Fox83, ship90 and js977 like this.
  10. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Super glad I joined this site. Even though I haven't been here long, it's such a great community and I'm stoked to be part of it.

Congrats on one year, and here's to many more!

Jason Tate and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I still hesitate when tellin my gf what I read on chorus... cuz I said AP for so long it still sounds weird

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I think my average site-visiting time is right around 8 hours, M-F :crylaugh:

coleslawed likes this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

There is much less coverage of The Story So Far on this website.

Chorus > Absolutepunk

lol.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

why is this news?

BigMouth and Contender like this.
  15. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

I think the site is brilliant and a real step up from AP.net. My only feedback would be that it can be a little frustrating clicking on links for videos and them opening up in an isolated black space, rather than as a new tab, or the Youtube page itself for that video.

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Love those stats. Here's to many more years of Chorus!

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i just discovered the video pop the other day and i like it a lot. you should be able to just right click to open a new tab and it'll open in youtube or wherever

18. dlemert

Trusted

Overall my experience on Chorus has been better than my experience on AP. I feel like it encourages community and discussion better. My biggest observation is that Chorus doesn't feel as music-centric of a website as AP did, which honestly I really missed at first but have since gotten used to.

I will echo that bringing reviews back would be nice. AP was my go-to place for that.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

I loved AP. It helped shaped many of my music tastes and I discovered countless favourite bands. I was sad to see it go, but Chorus has been an absolute joy for the last year. Although I'd like to see more reviews and longer articles, it's remains a site I visit every day...and will hope to for the foreseeable future! Thanks Jason for creating a site focused on the users, rather than advertisers!

20. Happy anniversary @Jason Tate and to the rest of the contributors and visitors here! Thanks for being a part of our community and making our content matter.:beer:

21. Craig Manning likes this.
  22. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I only used AP.net for the reviews and recommendations but with Chorus, I'm much more active in the forums and actually feel the presence of others out there. So the News and Forum sections have flip flopped in terms of importance for me...but I haven't missed a day on Chorus, whereas AP was more of a Tuesday endeavor due to new releases.

23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Woah it's already been a year! Thanks for keeping it great! ;D

24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Hey Jason, quick question. Just started collecting vinyl albums like a crazed man, seriously have bought about 50 in a month.:worried: I'm addicted. BUT I would like to know how limited each vinyl is, even the represses, and am having a seriously hard time finding out anything. I don't wanna know how much they're worth, I want to know how many were made, ya dig? Figured you are the man to go for!;-)Know any sites w/ a comprehensive list of number of vinyls made? And I'm talking everything from Dr. Dre to Underoath to The "Drive" soundtrack. Sorry for tracking you down in an unrelated threat, I just searched for your posts.:teethsmile:

25. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Discogs is pretty solid homie!

Jason Tate likes this.