Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues - Headspace (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by indecipherable, Apr 27, 2016.

1. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

I could see them reaching BMTH level big if they totally get rid of screaming.

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I didn’t see this before lol. Howard Benson... idk about this guys

3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Skimmed through his discography just now...

So it's mainly all varying degrees of butt-rock (Rascal Flatts, Three Days Grace, Skillet, All That Remains) with a few exceptions like Simple Plan, Hawthorne Heights, Zebrahead, My Chemical Romance.

I can honestly see this working for Issues. AJ and Sky are weird and talented enough to make this work, and since they only have Tyler now they can afford to take a more songwriterly, radio rock approach. Plus all of his recent work from a production standpoint sounds super massive and crisp even if the music is complete garbage.

beachdude likes this.
  4. beachdude

Yeah, I definitely think there’s potential. We’ll see.

5. It's fine? He also did the best The Starting Line album, and the best ones from Seether and 10 Years. I know post-grunge is hated in a hyperbolic way over here, but he knows what he's doing with the bands he works with.

Honestly, I'm okay with it as long as he makes them change their guitar tone to something that doesn't sound like every djent band. He had a huge input on Saosin's self-titled album, so I expect something ridiculously catchy, though obviously formulaic, for this one.

beachdude likes this.
  6. It seems like his recent years have been spent producing some garbage stuff though. That In Flames record was an abomination.

beachdude likes this.
  7. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Hmm yeah I’m not sure what to expect with him producing it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. beachdude

Michael Bohn's new band is a LOT better (and different) than I expected. The singer's voice is really cool.

9. JamesMichael

Yeah this is solid. I'm a fan!

Have you listened to the new Tyler Carter solo album?

beachdude likes this.
  10. beachdude Mar 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2019)
    beachdude

Yeah, I liked it! A handful of tracks I wasn’t huge on, but there were some really good songs too.

11. JamesMichael

Exactly my thoughts! I enjoyed it a lot and thought it was solid but at the same time not a lot of tracks stood out to me? I need to throw it on again and see if it sticks better.

I'm still surprised Issues hasn't pushed a new single out yet? Seems Headspace came out so long ago!

beachdude likes this.
  12. beachdude

They finally finished recording late last year, I know they had several setbacks early in that process that made it take a while. Pretty sure Tyler’s solo album got rushed out with very little promo because they wanted to get it out before Issues’ rollout starts... from what I’ve heard it should be soon.

I’m almost more excited for more WildHeart than for new Issues at this point haha, that single really surprised me! I feel like Issues will have a tough time living up to expectations and to some fans who will still be angry about Michael Bohn’s firing... but I hope it’s good!

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

They're still not QUITE done with the album yet, sadly.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  14. beachdude

Jeez lol. I think they're in the mixing or mastering phase from the last concrete update I saw, but that could've changed.

JamesMichael likes this.
  15. JamesMichael

Yeah I thought the Tyler album was swept under the rug a bit. I'll be honest if I hadn't of seen it on KL I don't think I'd had known it was coming out haha.

WildHeart is dope. I dig the guys voice a lot. Issues really need to come out big for sure. Whilst Headspace wasn't as strong as their debut for me, it still had a lot of bangers and I could have seen the next album going more in the vein of COMA with the big pop rock sound edge (if they had continued with Michael). I've always preferred the trade offs from Tyler and Michael and given time I'm sure Michael would have gotten a better singer.

Weird to think Issues were working on a new album with Michael. He got kicked out. Started a new band. Released a new song and Issues still haven't wrapped up yet! Fingers crossed the new album is worth the wait.

beachdude likes this.
  16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Accorsing to AJ, he'll be doing ALL of the screaming on the next tour

beachdude likes this.
  17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Idk if this is actually as weird as weird as it is to me, but Addy Maxwell (one of the guitarists in Michael's band Wildheart) has been opening on Tyler Carter's solo tour.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  18. beachdude

WildHeart have been teasing their second single “Animal” on social media... I’m stoked, “Lonely” is still really good.

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  20. beachdude

I’m really curious what this is gonna sound like.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

AJ said "Like Issues, but better" haha

beachdude likes this.
  22. beachdude

They’ve spent quite a while on this, so here’s to hoping!

23. beachdude

The second single from Michael Bohn's band WildHeart, "Animal", is out tomorrow... and just leaked online.

WOW. I really dug the first single, and this *blows it away*. This is so good that I think there's a real shot of Michael Bohn becoming bigger than Issues with this band, which I never would've expected. This song is legitimately massive.

24. JamesMichael

Will listen to this tonight. I really dug the first song and after your thoughts on the second single, I’m hyped!

beachdude likes this.
  25. beachdude

The song just FEELS like it could be huge imo, extremely well-written with a massive hook. I really liked the first song too, but I still wasn't expecting this.