Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues - Headspace (May 20, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by indecipherable, Apr 27, 2016.

1. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Interesting direction they've taken.

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Honestly I like those two songs more than almost all of their prior work. Excited for this.

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

4. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Blue Wall sounds like something that would have been on their first album.

5. There were a couple of jams on the last record, which took me by surprise. This kind of music normally isn't really my bag. Coma is great, not into the other two songs though.

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This band never ceases to fascinate me, in a good way.

7. redwing91007

Only listened once but it's been the one that impressed me the most on my first listen

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. beachdude

"Slow Me Down" is superb.

9. beachdude

Skyler, the band's bassist, wrote a really great post explaining some context behind "Blue Wall"... unsurprisingly a lot of their (white teenage) fanbase is still butthurt about the song.

Penguin likes this.
  10. beachdude

This is out there... haven't gotten a chance to listen yet.

11. Home Soon is amazing, holy shit. If I hate every other song in this record, that song made the listen worth it

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I have loads more respect for the band after reading that, fuck the fans for being ignorant about it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. beachdude

Seriously. Very respectable post.

14. beachdude

This album is great front to back. Very pleasantly surprised, even though my expectations kept getting raised with each single. The genre mixing feels totally organic this time around and not like a "mashup". I always felt they had the talent to get to this point but didn't think they would so soon.

15. redwing91007

Listening now, thoughts to come. I don't feel guilty at all listening to the leak because I already paid for a pre-order, that's not evil of me is it?

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

Not at all haha. I'm really, really digging this album, interested to hear others' thoughts.

17. redwing91007

I'm on track 6 and so far I'm enjoying the album as a whole way more than the singles they put out. Their first record took a while to grow on me but it become a favorite, I fully expect the same here.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. Home Soon, Coma, and Slow Me Down are my favorite tracks on this things by a considerable margin. There are a few tolerable cuts that settle nicely into a second tier, but the rest is pretty shit. Pretty much what I expected though so I'm happy.

19. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

This is pretty groovy. Hope groovy becomes a trend in metalcore.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. redwing91007

Finished it after taking a break for a late lunch. Overall, I expect to be spinning it a ton this summer. Won't listen to the whole thing again until I have the vinyl in my hands though. Direction is pretty much where I expected they would go.

Side note: Not really a fan of Michael singing. Things just seem redundant.

21. Other singer is really bad, his place in the band is so unnecessary and really holds them back in a big way.

22. jrock920

Regular

the funnest record of the year so far for me i been having a blast listen to this

23. redwing91007

I don't think he's a bad vocalist, nor do I think he's holding them back. I just don't think he needs to do cleans.

24. jrock920

Regular

right

25. Didn't think that's what you were saying at all, didn't mean for my comment to come off as piggybacking on yours. It was entirely separate.

But he is really bad and this band would be much better off without him and the parts he's crammed into.