Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (October 4th, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, May 2, 2019.

1. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't even know this band was still a thing. What an assclown.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Hopefully the rest of the band can start an actual good band that doesn't djent

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Alright, so let’s just wrap up this band. Bye Issues. The remaining fellows should just create something new from scratch.

Maybe Michael can join them? Idk but I feel like this was the nail in the coffin for Issues.

4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Odds are Sky, Josh, & AJ will start a new project, it feels like the Tyler drama has tainted the name, at least for me.

These guys are incredibly talented musicians and seem like kind, smart dudes. I wish them the best. (Also: Fuck Tyler Carter)

5. singers like TC are dime a dozen as well

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah I can't imagine Issues coming back from this personally. I mean I'm sure the remaining members will end up starting a new project.

Very interested in seeing how Tyler addresses this.

8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I haven't listen to this album ever since Tyler was outed. It's very painful that this band that was so inspiring to me was fronted by such a horrible person. Anyone else feel this way?

JamesMichael likes this.
  9. JamesMichael

Yeah I’ve not listened to them since this whole thing blew up. I used to be a pretty big fan of Tyler Carter and I’ve massively enjoyed everything he’s done since his early career but this sucks.

10. Haven’t put it on in a little while. Not for that particular reason, just haven’t put it on.

I usually find that in other cases of problematic artists, there’s sort of a “dark cloud” feeling that hangs over the music if/when I choose to listen, and it never really goes away. So I imagine that’ll be the case at the very least. Then in some instances, that cloud will dampen the experience so much that I just instinctively wane off of listening to the artist altogether. It’s still a little early to determine where Beautiful Oblivion will land on the spectrum

Crisp X likes this.
  11. Bane

The spiciest meme

it sucks that for whatever reason a bunch of songs on this album decided to start getting stuck in my head like a week or two before the news, so now it's just like well fuck

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

You know who would be a great replacement for Tyler? The singer from Hotel Apache. Like a cross between Tilian and Tyler

Without the shittyness too

13. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

michael bohn's latest project

14. Just noticed the band released a full album instrumental version of Beautiful Oblivion in November

beachdude and sukottokairu like this.
  15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

According to their drummer Josh, they tracked a new single this week. No word on if they have a new singer or if they're continuing as 3-piece.

16. JamesMichael

Very interested to hear more.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Just have their guitarist and bassist do the yells on a few songs, let the rest be instrumental, and bring back the guy who did the samples. Solid album there.

marceting likes this.
  18. Down for no yells or screams, just commit to the heavy R&B thing

marceting, beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

In a recent Rock Sound interview, bassist Sky Accord mentioned they're in the middle of recording a new album which will have a rotating cast of features as opposed to a single replacement vocalist.

Also, I'd reccomend watching the interview yourself, Sky's such a talented guy, he's Twenty One Pilots' touring bassist, and just released a solo single, so he definitely has a lot to talk about.

JamesMichael and trevorshmevor like this.
  20. Interesting approach for sure. But love Sky, watching his bounce back has been very fun even if Twenty One Pilots aren’t really my
    Thing. Probably worth posting his new single in here too

Phantoms and Crisp X like this.
  21. https://www.ixiimmxxiv.com

Countdown til Friday morning. End date on the tombstone is 1/12/24. Gotta wonder what’s happening here

Phantoms likes this.
  22. Phantoms likes this.
  23. The thing that makes me think they might not is the little postcard next to the headstone, which has the initials of only the three remaining members. My complete wild card guess is that they kinda just become a studio band with Sky doing vocals? I wouldn’t mind that, haha

24. JamesMichael

Wild, I thought they were done. Will be weird is they really aren’t the same band anymore without Tyler but the whole Woe, Is Me / Issues saga hasn’t been easy.

Phantoms likes this.
  25. Phantoms

Regular

Honestly good for them for pressing on, the remaining guys are all super talented and deserve to have success without Tyler