Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (October 4th, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, May 2, 2019.

1. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Dang, I forgot the album was 13 songs, I just updated it.

2. “Stole my attention like a criminal” is so cheesy and ALWAYS in my head haha. And yeah that rhythmic groove in the chorus is just relentless

beachdude likes this.
  3. That second “now” in the chorus of the title track is Brandon Boyd as fuck and I love it

beachdude likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lmao just heard Without You playing at the Red Robin I was at

beachdude and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Lmao that’s so random but cool

6. sawhney[rusted]2

Lol I was shocked since it’s not even a single!

beachdude likes this.
  7. beachdude

Would’ve expected “MAH FLEXIN ISSA PRAAAH-BLEM” haha

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. trevorshmevor Nov 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2019)
    If setlist.fm is to be trusted then it looks like they’re playing the whole records on the current tour w Polyphia :-O

Edit: oh whoops I guess this was already known, haha

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  9. beachdude

That’s badass... I actually didn’t know that haha

JamesMichael and trevorshmevor like this.
  10. Caught the show on Wednesday. Some notes

- I’d approximate the venue at a 1000-1200 cap room, and it was nowhere near full. Halfway is probably an accurate estimate. So not a great turnout, but the people who were there seemed very into it, heavy crowd participation

- New songs sound awesome, Flexin is a blast and needs to be like 5 minutes longer. Really just a fun band to watch play in general, all 4 members have radiant stage presence. Get It Right and Second Best were also notably energetic and well received

- The drum riser was like.... cartoonishly high. Which would have been whatever but increased soundflow from the cymbals and often drowned out the vocals

- Polyphia seem like a bunch of arrogant pricks, which was disappointing. They stopped a song halfway through and demanded people to crowd surf, to which one person started crowd surfing and then they started the song over — eye roll. And judging by their attitude through the rest of their set and stage banter... it wasn’t a joke. Proficient musicians but at what cost

- Judging by the other attendees in the crowd, I am about 100 million years old

Breaking Good and beachdude like this.
  11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I felt the same the last time I saw them haha.

trevorshmevor and beachdude like this.
  12. beachdude

I’ve heard the same about Polyphia sadly. They definitely have egos.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. atlas

Trusted

the Polyphia thing is a bit that they’ve committed to so hard it’s infiltrated their real life lol

14. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Lmao, if you think this was bad, you would NOT wanna see what the Headspace Tour was like

15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I'm at the show right now, and having an awesone time.

[​IMG]

16. beachdude

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  17. eight30

Regular

I started listening to them because I saw they were opening for this tour. The album is fantastic!

beachdude likes this.
  18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. sukottokairu

Regular

liking this video! tyler looks fabulous as usual, not getting a super good response in the youtube comments though... which is a bummer cause this ones actually one of my favorites on the album, it's just catchy!

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  20. Still definitely toward the bottom for me if I had to rank the tracks. But yeah, their fans are largely showing their whole asses in their response to this record and it's a shame.

21. sukottokairu

Regular

holy crap that was awkward, i watched most of it before i realized, this has to be satire lol

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

23. sawhney[rusted]2

And another one. Glad they kicked him out so swiftly.

24. Was wondering if the other members were kicking him out or leaving. Thankful to see it’s the former. These guys already pissed off their fans enough with the last record, I doubt they’d survive if they had to start under a new name and without Tyler.

25. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn.