Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (October 4th, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, May 2, 2019.

1. Sander

kflkmflkm

jesus christ the bass playing on this is insane. i'm blown away

trevorshmevor and beachdude like this.
  2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The wildheart situation seemed really weird and not like a mutual thing. But hopefully everything works out for everyone.

3. marceting

Trusted

I think is the problem I'm having with it. I live for the weird and wild chords and riffs with this band.

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Huge bummer they broke up. I was really vibing with the two singles they released.

beachdude likes this.
  5. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

wait i read some youtube comment wrong. the teddy dude has a new project not michael

beachdude likes this.
  6. Rain is the only song on this I could totally just do without. This record is a good step forward and it’s one of the only tracks that feels like an artifact from their earlier days. Tapping Out meets that bar for me too but I guess I just like it more, haha

beachdude likes this.
  7. indecipherable

they namedrop Citizen in Second Best

red8ge, beachdude and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Teddy's solo stuff is really blowing up at least... his cover of "I Can't Make You Love Me" got 1.8 million views already in a couple weeks! Also, WildHeart did release a third song before they broke up :)

9. The Warped Tour affiliation with these guys is sorta unfortunate. They’re really nailing a unique sound here that I think would appeal to a lot of people who have already written them off as a chugga chugga breakdown type of band. There’s a ton of outstanding instrumentation all over this record, and the songs feel like they get catchier with every listen

beachdude likes this.
  10. beachdude

Couldn’t agree more. The flip side of this is a lot of their current fanbase doesn’t seem to “get” the new stuff really. I’m in a Facebook group for Issues and a lot of people don’t like the new album because it isn’t “heavy enough”, think Michael leaving was a mistake, etc.

11. indecipherable

if bmth could crossover to more mainstream rock success maybe issues could?

sidenote: is tyler the one doing the high pitched screaming on second best

beachdude likes this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

dude can fucking play

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this opening track fucking rips dawg

14. currytheword

Trusted

No Problem is easily becoming a top 3 favorite. I knew the song seemed familiar, and I figured out they’re paying homage to Brownstone who my stepdad used to play around me.

15. They’ve certainly got the songwriting chops for it!

I do think it was a great move for them to take Polyphia out though. Aligning themselves with more progressive bands will at least help break the Warped Tour tag a little bit. A lot of people I know going to that tour are just dedicated Polyphia fans that have no idea who Issues are haha, but the crossover appeal is definitely there

beachdude likes this.
  16. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I dig it as well! Shame the EP/album they were working on will probably never see the light of day. Stoked for Teddy though, the dudes got a really unique voice which will be hard for the rest of the band to top if they persist with finding a new singer.

beachdude likes this.
  17. That’s pretty disheartening. Ditching the person that added the least to the end product and essentially forced the band to accommodate for his role was definitely the best thing that could’ve happened to Issues. Not to mention there are like approx four billion other bands people can listen to for a heavy fix, lol. On one hand I’d be happy to watch them shed that type of fanbase, but yeah, on the other I hope it doesn’t mean they cease to receive the necessary amount of support to continue

18. Playing right now, the neosoul parts in the opener are exactly my kind of shit. Impressive

beachdude and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. Without You and Find Forever are them finally nailing that crossover sound. I'm really happy to hear them fulfill the potential shown in the spotty previous albums. Losing (mostly) the screams was the right move.

20. Downfall wow

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

the guitar tones are so similar to polyphia that it makes complete sense that they're gonna tour together

Find Forever is my fav on this

22. Find Forever’s definitely up there for me. That little “little bit of you” melody at 2:11 is insane

I think my favorite is probably No Problem, followed by Get It Right

beachdude likes this.
  23. beachdude

Get It Right is SO groovy

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Okay, right now my ranking is

1. Second Best
    2. Rain
    3. Without You
    4. Drink About It
    5. Find Forever
    6. Your Sake
    7. Beautiful Oblivion
    8. No Problem
    9. Flexin'
    10. Tapping Out
    11. Here's To You
    12. Downfall
    13. Get It Right

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  25. currytheword

Trusted

Tapping Out?