Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (October 4th, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, May 2, 2019.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

My flexin' is a problem...

2. Those falsettos are FutureSex/LoveSounds as fuck. Really digging that snare tone too

Certainly did not expect a track like this. Gets off to a not so promising start but by the end I’m on board

3. beachdude

Man, I was NOT expecting so many fans to apparently hate "Flexin"... the like to dislike ratio on the music video is ridiculous. This is genuinely one of my favorite songs on the album, bums me out a bit that it's getting received like this.

currytheword likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

As long as no other song sounds like this then I’m good.

5. beachdude

Yeah this is the only one like this on the album. It rules though imo

currytheword likes this.
  6. JamesMichael Sep 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2019)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah I’m not getting the hate for this. It slays.

I’m getting huge Prince/JT vibes. Weirdly enough this is a lot more poppy than a huge portion of Tyler Carter’s solo album.

I dig that none of the singles sound similar so far as well. I really need an advance haha.

currytheword and beachdude like this.
  7. I'm feeling the Prince / Janelle Monae vibes. Not surprised their fanbase isn't into it

8. beachdude

Yeah same. I honestly think this is one of their best songs ever (spoiler: I’ve heard the entire album and still think Flexin is a standout)

currytheword likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

As a band that usually plays metal you can’t really blame fans that are caught off guard by Flexin’.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  10. beachdude

Yeah for sure, it's definitely a big change in style. But I think they've always been about blending metal with pop/R&B... they just pushed it further this time.

11. JamesMichael

Yeah I wouldn't really call them a true 'metal band'. Personally I'm not surprised at all with the direction of Flexin'. Tyler is a huge pop fan and I think its reflected massively in their sound since the beginning, even dating back to the Woe Is Me days.

beachdude and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

Flexin’ isn’t for me at all

marceting likes this.
  13. beachdude

"On Twitter, Issues’ bio describes them as a “djent boy band”… and “Flexin” is in a way the ultimate representation of that mantra. It fully embraces the R&B sounds that they’ve always made a part of their identity, and is genuinely a pop earworm of the highest caliber."

I wrote a thing.

In defense of Issues’ brilliantly insane new single "Flexin"

JamesMichael and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The chorus is growing on me but I don’t think I’ll ever get into Tyler’s verses.

15. The verses on this are definitely still a little rough for me but that chorus is undeniable

16. Flexin is the only song like that on the album - let em have fun song is a bop

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I showed Flexin to my therapist and she loved it, so I'm pretty sure Issues know what they're doing.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

My LP shipped today: really hope it arrives before friday. Desperate to get my hands on these jams.

beachdude likes this.
  19. JamesMichael

Damn, looking forward to hearing this AND City & Colour on Friday.

beachdude likes this.
  20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i'm not a big issues fan but i checked out "flexin" just bc of the controversy and i gotta say it's kind of impressive and a jam and the least embarrassing combination of this music and pop i've ever heard

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Drip, drip, drip...

HOLY SHIT

beachdude likes this.
  22. This Friday is so jam packed with records I want to hear that I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping something would leak a few days early to soften the punch. Guess this is the one. Will put it on in a bit

beachdude likes this.
  23. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I keep get shook every few seconds. They're really killing it. Find Forever is definitely on of their best songs. And the guitar modulation and panning on Without You adds so much punch to the track. Jeez, I'm not even halfway through, but all my fears about this album have been thrown aside.

Just don't expect a traditional metalcore album and you won't be dissapointed.

(Also RAIN IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE, I'M DYING)

beachdude likes this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Constantly refreshing Kingdom Leaks

I have this preordered on Apple Music but I want it now

beachdude likes this.
  25. beachdude

It's on there now ;)

justin. likes this.