Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues - Beautiful Oblivion (October 4th, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, May 2, 2019.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

@beachdude thoughts? I dig it much more than Tapping Out.

2. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I’m gonna be sad when he agrees haha. I love Tapping Out so much, I wonder why it clicked with me and not with so many others.

Those variants are literally the best set of variants I’ve seen for an album in a while. I didn’t mind splurging a bit extra for the Banquet one- I wasn’t sure if the Rocksound was going to turn out the way it looks or if it was more of a picture disc, and there was no way I was buying a t-shirt I’d never wear lol. The rainbow one, again, could be really hit or miss in reality, but it’s such a cool concept.

3. New single rules

JamesMichael likes this.
  4. This song is so much closer to what I want from them. Catchier, riffier, way less busy

JamesMichael likes this.
  5. atlas

Trusted

I actually really do like Drink About It, they might just survive the Howard Benson Experience yet

6. Tapping Out has actually grown on me a little bit. Still think that was a really bad choice for a first single and very much dislike the bridge, but I’m picking up on some nu meta vibes that I wasn’t really hearing before. That outro is super Deftones

JamesMichael likes this.
  7. marceting

Trusted

Drink About It is that groovy, technical R&B vibe I absolutely love from this band. More of this please.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

really hate that i dont hate drink about it lol

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Still really into Drink About It. Hoping the rest of the album lives up.

JamesMichael likes this.
  10. red8ge

Regular

album rules, tapping out might have the most screaming but the whole thing is super heavy (when it makes sense), really groovy and excellent

11. brad4846

Regular

Did it leak?

12. JamesMichael

Did it leak or are you lucky to have an advance?

13. red8ge

Regular

nah i have an advance

beachdude likes this.
  14. JamesMichael

Are you able to share anymore thoughts? Mainly wondering how it stacks up to their previous stuff.

Happy to hear Tapping Out has the most screaming on their. I actually grew to like the song but the screaming sounds out of place. With ditching Michael I would have preferred them to drop screaming altogether to basically do COMA/Never lose your flames x10.

beachdude likes this.
  15. I can share thoughts later - I love this record - have had to for about a month+

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  16. beachdude

Better than Headspace?

17. beachdude likes this.
  18. atlas

Trusted

i'll be v impressed if these guys turn out to be the first band in like 12 years to survive the Howard Benson Experience

19. beachdude

Dan Dan, marceting and JamesMichael like this.
  20. beachdude

Got my advance... oh yeah, this is EASILY their best album. "Flexin" is gonna blow minds.

marceting, JamesMichael and red8ge like this.
  21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Wow, y'all lucky! Getting me HYPED.

beachdude likes this.
  22. JamesMichael

Damn I wish I had an advance haha! Good to hear it slays though.

beachdude likes this.
  23. beachdude

If you enjoyed Headspace you’ll definitely be VERY happy with this I think. They improved on all the best aspects of that album, and rectified most of its weaknesses. Easily their most consistent collection of songs.

24. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

How would you say the rest of the songs compare to the singles?

25. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Flexin' out at Midnight tonight-- drip, drip, drip

beachdude likes this.