Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Issues – “Blue Wall”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

It's cool seeing this band address social issues, but this is exactly the direction I didn't want to see this band go in, sonically. Their heavier stuff always comes off kind of forced to me. They seem to be much more in their wheelhouse on a song like "Coma" (their best song so far, in my opinion) or even "Never Lose Your Flames" from the last record.

Judging from the first three songs, this is going to be a pretty diverse album. Still not sure what to expect from it.

3. jrock920

Regular

yeah i agree but it cool to hear aj scream thought they said there is going to be a country song on it so

4. Morkypep

I like the poppier stuff but its cool to hear a real heavy song like this. Definitely going to be an interesting album.

5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Is it AJ screaming in this?

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I love these guys but I knew straight away from watching the live videos I wasn't going to be keen on this one and I was right listening to the studio version.

Echoing what others have said feels very force and unnatural and I usually dig their heavier stuff?

7. Well, that happened.

8. Eric

Regular

I like it but I agree that it feels kinda forced. I liked the heavier songs on the first album but I feel like Tyler's vocals don't work well here. Plus the "chorus" doesn't flow very well

9. Jake W May 9, 2016
    (Last edited: May 9, 2016)
    Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

From like 2:06 onwards it is him

10. Scuba Chris

Newbie Prestigious

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm digging this song and it doesn't' feel forced to me at all.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I like it. I think the message is something that needs to be heard in metal, and the heavier elements don't feel overly forced in my opinion.

12. marceting

Trusted

This sounds like any other metalcare band. Missing that Issues-eque ring to it.

13. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Think this is the most typical "Issues" song released so far. It's okay - typical metalcore. Looking forward to checking out the full album.

14. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I definitey prefer them experimenting with their R&B/pop whatever they do, than play it safe and go heavy

GetUpAndrew likes this.
  15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

This album's going to be more varied than their last one, somehow.

16. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

This. Coma is the best one so far, for me.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Bit generic. Nice to see them write about something like this though.

18. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Anti police songs are becoming the new anti depression song. New social topic to speak on to look deep.