Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Is The News On Chorus Going To Be As Diverse As AP? • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Morkypep, Apr 1, 2016.

1. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

Chorus makes so much sense. It single handedly kills the "Why is "X" on this site?" replies. Content wise, the site will probably still lean towards rock.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. I mean, I'm still me, I still like what I like, and a huge portion of things written on sites I've made has always been tilted toward my personal tastes. I think the homepage will be very, very similar to things I've been writing about for years. There's also still a submit news button so I can see what others think should be posted about as well. I also totally still plan to bring in other writers over the next few months just like on AP.net (you can see some stuff from Craig on there right now as I've been testing out how that system all works). I didn't become a different person or anything; I'm listening to the new Thrice right now and was posting about All Time Low this morning.

Probably. I don't see any reason I wouldn't post about some of those bands. Senses Fail, HTL, stuff like that has always been in my posting wheelhouse.

That is planned at some point but didn't make the 1.0 version. I have an idea for a way, way better customized "my news" experience. Every tag on the website does have it's own RSS feed now though, which I know is not the best solution, but does exist.

I think my like of Ariana and Brian Fallon both can share a place on the same site. My love of the new PUP album is as much a part of me as much love for Carly Rae's last release.

highfidelity203 likes this.
  3. Me too. Especially in the way I think we can roll out reviews in the near future. I really like our system.

4. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Do you intend on seeking staffers to review particular genres? I lean more towards heavier stuff personally but don't see many reviews unless it's a BIG act that crosses into the alt or hardcore scene like Deftones or ETID (and we all know those two are Drew's bag)

5. Probably at some point after figuring out what we have with the current staff and who is still going to want to keep reviewing. Biggest problem with reviews is many grow out of wanting to write about that stuff, more than anything I really want people to want to write about things for a long time.

6. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Understandable. I was an English major in college and did a few free lance pieces. It's not as fun when it feels like a job or chore.

Deadlines are the worst.

7. Hah, exactly. It's the plus and minus of how I've always run things like this. Like, I let people choose what to write about and when and let them do it when they want, but that also means sometimes months go by without any reviews or new content. Or big releases not having anything on them and such.