Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Is The News On Chorus Going To Be As Diverse As AP?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Morkypep, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Morkypep

Just curious, are we still going to be getting news on metal bands and/or pop punk bands ? Or is the news going to be more filtered towards more popular stuff?

ilikedesigning likes this.
  2. Good question

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ONly hip-hop

Essie, Wharf Rat and Nick like this.
  4. phaynes1

Regular

I for one hope to never see Attila's name again

5. I'm thinking we're going to see a mixture of AP.net and Pitchfork style coverage.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

only lo-fi diy bands now

Iago and nothingsforeverdude like this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Only Future

Chaplain Tappman and Wharf Rat like this.
  8. Morkypep

Like for instance, I know Jason and a lot of users hate Pure Noise and many of their associated bands for their actions. Are we still going to be receiving new song and album release announcements for band's on the label ?

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

who is justin lol
    why not follow pure noise twitter or alt press if you want any of that?

10. Morkypep

haha sorry, Jason***** brain fart. Editing post now. And I could, but I liked that AP was my central hub for music news and that I didn't need to go anywhere else. Just wondering if it's going to be the same here.

11. Ariana Grande posts every single day pls.

Jason Tate and Essie like this.
  12. SavesTheNight

Newbie Prestigious

I think it seems aight so far. I just want my post count back :verysad::verysad::verysad:

13. You're one post closer every time. Keep it up!

14. SavesTheNight

Newbie Prestigious

yeah, but I spent so much of my college career accumulating that lol

15. I spent two years in college obtaining a degree I'll never use and a loan payment. We all lose!

RuckerPark and Jason Tate like this.
  16. SavesTheNight

Newbie Prestigious

Isn't that the truth! it's a painful reminder every single month. The money comes in, and then goes back out. Eh, that's life.

17. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

Additional question: can we follow tags like we could on AP.net?
    Like, for example, you could follow the "mewithoutYou" tag and get a notification if a story is posted with that tag.

18. MyMartianRomance

95% caffeine

There probably was a reason why I followed a site called "Absolute PUNK" because I don't really give a crap about what Justin Bieber or Ariana Grande were doing (even though there were posts about them on the site anyway.) Especially since there's hundreds of sites already readily available that has interviews, news, etc. for both those artists.

19. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I liked the range of news AP covered.

Of course I'd love to see more frequent coverage of heavy bands. Particularly in the reviews department.

20. AbsolutePunk hasn't been a "punk" site in years, so highlighting that word isn't a great argument. There are plenty of sites that also post about PUP and Brand New or whatever it is you like too. Like ap.net, I think Chorus will have a good balance of everything to reflect the variety of music enjoyed by its community, which is the backbone of the whole thing.

21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

22. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

it will be nothing but updates on The LIfe Of Pablo

Chaplain Tappman likes this.
  23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Should just completely ban Pure Noise records posts

24. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I don't really get what your point is. You mentioned that AbsolutePunk also posted non-punk news, so why debate on the fact that Chorus shouldn't do so? If anything, it should promote even more variety. You could always scroll over the news you don't want to see. Everybody has news that doesn't interest them, but in turn, I'm sure the diverse news has a little something for everybody.

Jason Tate likes this.