Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Is Coronavirus causing you to skip shows? Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by CyberInferno, Mar 12, 2020.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm anticipating any show I was planning on attending being cancelled over the next few weeks. I have a bunch coming up too (Dave Hause/The Explosion, Oso Oso/Prince Daddy/Just Friends/Sincere Engineer, the Bombpops).

Alkaline Trio and Bad Religion is in April, so that one is still feeling like it'll be up in the air... But I think things are gonna be tightening up for at least the next few weeks in terms of show cancellations.

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Chicago/ Illinois is announcing a ban at 5 pm for all upcoming large events until may 1st. I’m sure allot of other states will follow that already don’t have bans in place

3. red8ge

Regular

was going to go see wcar on saturday in nyc... they can't draw 500 people right?

4. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I’m due to see The Aquabats in Long Beach in two weeks, and nothing about the fate of that show has been announced yet. That’s concerning

5. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I'm supposed to see Murder by Death tonight, but I'm strongly considering not doing so. I really hope they postpone it, though.

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The following shows got cancelled or rescheduled for me...

3/14 The Wonder Years
    3/15 You Me and Everyone We Know
    3/21 Josh Ritter
    3/27 You Me and Everyone We Know
    3/31 Michael Buble
    4/5 Circa Survive
    4/7 Hippo Campus

And these shows haven’t been cancelled yet, but I’ll probably skip them until we get further word that it’s safe to go to them...

3/13 Every Time I Die
    3/20 Citizen
    3/26 Deafheaven
    3/27 The Suicide Machines
    3/28 The Acacia Strain
    3/29 Jack Harlow
    4/4 Hoodie Allen

I’m taking it seriously. Unless I hear otherwise, my next show will be Foxy Shazam on 4/11.

SEANoftheDEAD and pauljgreco like this.
  7. m32137 Mar 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2020)
    m32137

Regular

Not a concert but I have tickets to see Hamilton in Jacksonville next weekend. I will be very upset if it gets cancelled.

EDIT - Postponed :(

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Supposed to go see The Front Bottoms on April 30 in CLE, Foo Fighters on May 18 in CLE and Bayside on June 1 in CLE.

I'd be stunned if The Front Bottoms and Foo Fighters show go on as scheduled.

Maybe Bayside will still happen.

9. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Most, if not all of these cancellations are around March events. I think you should be in the clear for those

10. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Silversun Pickups cancelled Detroit... bummed but understand.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ohio released a Mass Gatherings order yesterday banning any events with 100+ people. As of now, there is no end date to it. I would bet that it goes through AT LEAST early April.

We'll see what happens. The problem is, even though MY dates for this tour are end of April/May, doesn't mean that tour involves shows in cities at earlier dates. For example, I think the Foo and TFB tours start in mid-April.

12. Xpertguy5

Trusted

No shows for the rest of the month. Gotta find a new hobby for the time being. Hopefully things are better in April

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this sucks. I had quite a few shows planned for this month but Gulch/Fiddlehead was the only one I truly didn't want to miss. Gulch says they're still playing, but Fiddlehead dropped. Not sure if I even want to go or not at this point. Not expecting a very large crowd, but still...

The other thing that sucks is I bought tickets for a lot of these shows and unless they're officially cancelled, I'm probably not getting refunded if I decide not to attend. Oh well, I guess it at least helps these smaller bands that are probably struggling right now.

14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I'm going to see TMP / Belmont / Capstan / Jetty Bones tonight so the answer is "no".

15. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Pretty sure it's just irresponsible to even humor the idea of continuing a tour with everything going on. I'm just expecting every concert between now and May to be cancelled/postponed and even if they were to happen, I wouldn't risk it.

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

A show I may go to on Sunday if I can find a ticket is still on (Bad Bad Hats).

17. latortuga

Regular

Microwave is playing my city tonight and possibly the only time ever and I'm skipping because I can't put my family at risk. Really disappointed ☹️

CyberInferno likes this.
  18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

5 events canceled/postponed for me so far.

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

Update: So far, Citizen, Acacia Strain, Jack Harlow and Hoodie Allen haven't been cancelled. Everything else has.

20. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

wasnt planning on going to any shows soon anyway cuz im in the middle of trying to relocate. i would probably only go to a show rn if it was a once in a life time type lineup. i dont really want to deal w the public rn w all the bad energy going around.

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If you do wind up at the Acacia Strain show, I feel obligated to tell you to make sure you watch Creeping Death's set

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  22. ALT/MSC/FAN

Oh, 1000%. All five bands on that bill are fucking home runs.

riotspray likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. I saw the show the other night in Dallas. Unfortunately I only saw the first 3 bands because of car trouble but I've seen them all before (except this was my first time seeing Fuming Mouth).

What I saw was killer but I wish I could have stayed. Creeping Death is from around here and plays here alot so I'm probably partially biased but they just hit that sweet spot for me.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  24. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm curious how that show goes. Please post a follow-up!

25. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

it was PACKED! It started at 6:00pm and it was all ages. By the time TMP were up there was barely any room to move inside. The music hall capacity is 750.