Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Is a Dairy Queen Blizzard a milkshake? • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by suicidesaints, Apr 27, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i'm from California and we do in fact have Dairy Queen's here, haha

2. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

3. SayHello

Regular

Glad we're talking about the most pressing issues here, absolutely not a milk shake - not even close.

coleslawed and Miss Heartcore like this.
  4. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Yea it's definitely a cup of soft serve ice cream with candy chunks in it. Also throwing it out there that their ice cream cakes are not cakes. But they are goddamn delicious.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

then why do they give you a spoon with them?

but Blizzards are delicious non-milkshakes. my preferred DQ treat is the Freeze, though, blue raspberry.

6. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Where is this craziness happening?!

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

most restaurants I've been to usually give you one of these mixing cups with extra shake in it, and it comes with a spoon.
    [​IMG]

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  8. More often than not, restaurants don't do this when I order a shake. :-/

9. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Not a milkshake.

10. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This is like asking "is ice cream a milkshake?"... Well no. Ice cream is ice cream, and a milkshake is a milkshake. A "blizzard" is literally nothing, it's just how they advertise their soft serve w/ mixings.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

God damn, I'm always on the wrong side of these things. I woulda said yes.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, you changed my mind. I think the confusion originally came from the fact that they use some sort of blender.

13. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

A thread about milkshakes and nobody's made a Shone reference yet? #earthquakemilkshake

14. iamthetrav

Around here it would be known as a concrete. Basically thicker than normal ice cream with something mixed in.

15. NotBruce

Regular

I live by 2 DQ's. Blizzard's are alright. I'm terrified of their food, though. At least in my head, it's the equivalent of Wienerschnitzel's food.

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I worked at one in high school and the food is so gross. Only could eat the chicken strips. But with my discount I would buy a kids ice cream cone and then stack the ice cream to the ceiling.

17. NotBruce

Regular

I'm glad I never tried any. It doesn't help that the two closest to me look like they haven't been updated since (presumably) 1979. One of them is walk-up style, similar to those old-school burger places. Which is a nice idea, but man, it's desperate for a fresh coat of paint. It looks like the last place you'd want to order any kind of food.

18. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

But sometimes they give you the metal tin with your milkshake with a long spoon in it! lol

coleslawed likes this.
  19. I currently work at a Dairy Queen And I will tell you... It's not a shake!
    Also, the food isn't the best but I don't think it's that bad. I just eat ice cream all the time

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer Sonic's drink selection

Christian Romero likes this.
  21. Since the spoon usually comes in the extra cup, and not in the actual shake glass that they serve you.... I've always assumed the spoon was simply a tool to help you neatly transfer extra milkshake into your glass. The straw is for your actual consumption.

22. JessLeigh

23. JessLeigh

Lol I guess I am just a heathen who enjoys scooping it out! ;)

coleslawed likes this.
  24. ^ Peasant. ;-)

yourfaveweapon likes this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

wow the fact that they turn the cup over and nothing falls out and then give it to you makes my ass hurt just looking at that.