Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Iron & Wine - Beast Epic (August 25th, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jun 9, 2017.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This album is very good because he doesn't make albums that aren't. That said, the hoopla about a big return to form is pretty yawn-inducing, since Ghost on Ghost is as good or better.

2. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Love this, back to regular rotation

need to get the vinyl

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

damn i slept on this one, so good

coleslawed and truelovewaits like this.
  4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

You literally slept on this one

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

truelovewaits likes this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

Already enjoy this more than Kiss Each Other Clean.. This is easily one of the best things released all year.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

"To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of The Shepherd’s Dog we are excited to share 8 acoustic tracks from this genre defying record. Recorded shortly after turning the record into Sub Pop, these tracks were given away for free on our website for a limited time. In that same spirit for the next 24 hours we are offering them free of charge. Enjoy!"

Iron and Wine | Ambient Inks

coleslawed and Aaron Mook like this.
  8. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I still have these from when they were first put up. They're amazing and definitely worth getting.

9. zmtr

Trusted

Here I am still listening to this constantly.

10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This one didn't really stick in my rotation. I need to go back to it. I like it, but I feel like it came out at the same time as a a lot of stuff I found more interesting.

Blaine Ryan and zmtr like this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

Tracks 1-6 are just insanely good. Quality drops a bit after that until the last track but it's my favorite run of songs this year.

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I didn't know there was a deluxe edition of Beast Epic released. Has five extra tracks with demos and bonus tracks.

Also would someone mind sending me those acoustic versions of tracks from The Shepherd's Dog? I missed downloading them. Thanks.

13. zmtr

Trusted

This just made me cry. What a fantastic cover. This is the best song ever written.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. zmtr

Trusted

Somehow I never knew about the album with Jessica Hoop. Really really enjoying it.

15. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This album ended up growing on me in a big way. I'd probably say it's my 2nd or 3rd favourite of his at this point

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Our Endless Numbered Days is of course still my #1

17. zmtr

Trusted

So weird. Put this on today for the first time in a few weeks. Still really love it.

It's my 2nd favorite after OEND

coleslawed and Letterbomb31 like this.
  18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

My ranking would look something like this:

Our Endless Numbered Days
    Beast Epic
    Around the Well
    The Shepherd's Dog
    Woman King EP
    Kiss Each Other Clean
    Ghost on Ghost
    The Creek Drank the Cradle

19. Horrorca

Trusted

Creek Drank last??? really???

20. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. I haven't spent much time with it

21. I like this record a lot, but I don't know if I like it as much as the first three. The Creek Drank the Cradle will always be my favorite. Even Kiss Each Other Clean is wildly underrated imo

22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Kiss Each Other Clean has really grown on me too. I never used to like it but for some reason it's clicked with me more lately

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Weirdly enough, I heard the live NPR version of the album before hearing the actual album and it just blew my mind for some reason. I was in high school and it was not what I was expecting to follow The Shepard's Dog. Also, the album art is gorgeous/fitting.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Kiss Each Other Clean has some all-timers, but also a few duds. I don't think he'll ever top Our Endless Numbered Days for me.

25. zmtr

Trusted

Agreed about Kiss Each Other Clean. Every great song from that record is better when it's just him and a guitar