Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Iron Fist (Netflix) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm about halfway through the season. I think reading all of the bad reviews helped me enjoy the show. I had zero expectations, so the fact that it's anything is amazing.

I just wish this were the Colleen Wing show and Iron Fist was just a boring subplot. She's more interesting. She is struggling to make ends meet while also struggling with her actions stacked against the Bushido code. On top of all of that, some annoying rich guy keeps showing up and getting her into even more trouble. Now that's a show.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Personally, the finale was the death blow for me. I thought it was adequate to watchable for most of the show minus some dumb choices. But man, the finale was the show just saying "fuck you! We wasted 13 hours of your life."

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just finished and I personally liked it all the way through. I wish it ended about 5 minutes before it did because I don't like cliffhangers but overall I probably enjoyed this more than Luke Cage.

4. Greg

What did you think about Danny basically running around like someone crazy person during that final fight? You know, instead of using his years of training in fighting? He literally just runs around. My god, I found it unbearable and it ruined the show for me. Why would Danny handle it that way? Why would anyone handle it that way? It is beyond all logic and reasoning. Danny is the worst.
    I don't know why I bothered with spoiler tags.

carrytheweight likes this.
  5. tdlyon May 10, 2017
    (Last edited: May 10, 2017)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol, I actually said out loud "Why did you just run away instead of fighting?" when he came and like swatted at him and then sprinted away. I didn't really mind though, I figured they just had to get all that dialogue out somehow and if Danny just straight fought Harold he would have kicked his ass in two seconds. It definitely could have been done better but I still enjoyed that scene for the most part

I definitely think Danny was the worst of the four protagonists of the shows but I liked the supporting cast overall, especially Colleen

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Greg

It was just so bad. The show was borderline for me up to that. Like, I liked some of it, like Colleen, I agree with you on her. But then the finale happened and the show revealed they had absolutely no idea how to end their season and had no clue what to do with their "hero". And I think the end of episode 12, when Danny is so shocked that Harold is bad? My god, he is so so stupid. He is he absolute worst.

I am worried about The Defenders now.

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, was it supposed to be a reveal that Harold was a villain for the audience or just for Danny? If it was supposed to surprise the audience then it failed at that

8. Greg

As it is presented, I think just for Danny, but within the show I felt it was portrayed as incredibly obvious to anyone in the show as well.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Did Danny really spend that much time with him though? Ward and Joy should have definitely been able to tell (though one could argue they were distracted by the shock of their dead father being alive, and since Ward has known for longer he can see through him towards the end), but I don't really remember him doing any crazy shit in front of Danny that much. Could easily be forgetting something though

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Greg

I haven't watched it since it came out and have zero desire to ever watch it again. I just remember Danny's reaction to it seeming unbelievable.

tdlyon likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I only kept watching this for Colleen. The standout character in a very bland series. Everyone has said it before but 13 episodes are too long for these shows - hopefully 8 for The Defenders will mean high quality throughout.

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Only 8 huh? Well that makes sense since we know all these characters already. And I think Stranger Things was 8 if I'm not wrong? 8 seems like a good number for these.

13. Davjs

Trusted

Finally had time to watch it all. Show was no where near as bad as everyone made it out to be.............but this is the internet. Def the weakest out of all the shows, but if anything this just got me excited to see the Defenders. I got hyped anytime anything universe connecting came across the screen, esp all the scenes with Gao. I also liked how the Hand was painted more grey than black or white like in DD.

I don't get the ending scene with Davos telling Joy that Rand has to die, with Gao listening. That seemed super random and I didn't even know Davos and Joy knew each other.

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

But why.

16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

with misty knight in it now, what if we forget about danny and it just turns into a daughters of the dragon show

18. Davjs

Trusted

Cool, show and characters def have potential.

19. PauLo

43% Burnt

With Misty as well, I'm all on board. First season was far from perfect, but still enjoyable.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Scott Buck (and apparently the entire writers room) are being replaced.

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I'm officially excited now that there will be a new showrunner. Iron Fist is capable of being an entertaining character.

22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I enjoyed the show enough to finish it in a couple days but new writers can only be a good thing

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Thank goodness. Hopefully someone who can handle fight choreography. Between this and Misty Knight (the best part of Luke Cage), maybe Iron Fist S2 will actually be worth my time!

24. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I just started this. How many episodes do I have to put up with no one believing Danny Rand is who he says he is? It's already infuriating after just one. Let's get on with it.

25. I wanna say not until the past the midway point, but I binge these shows so it's all a blur. While I found it more watchable than most, it's clearly the worst of the Netflix-Marvel shows, so I imagine your frustration will continue lol.

Davjs likes this.