Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Iron Fist (Netflix) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Are they going to happen? I haven't been following the rumors that much. (I like SS/BC and don't think I care that much about a Venom movie without Spidey, heh.)

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

They announced an October 2018 date for Venom last week, and then yesterday announced that Christopher Yost is working on the SS/BC script. They could still end up not happening, or at least getting pushed way back (*cough*Gambit*cough*), but they seem pretty official right now.

Venom w/out Spidey is weird, but I could see it being a pretty cool McFarlane-style film. And, yeah, Silver Sable and Black Cat could be great.

3. Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I'm on episode 8

ward is the worst.

5. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

The finale fight is garbage.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The finale fight has been pretty weak for three Marvel seasons in a row imo

nl5011 likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed. I'm a huge defender of DD Season 2 and how great it is........but even that had a bad ending fight.

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Calling it a "fight" is generous.

Whatjuliansaid and nl5011 like this.
  9. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I really don't think this is as bad as some people are saying.

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

In some ways, yes. In some ways, they are deadly accurate.

11. Whatjuliansaid

On the last episode

12. Finished this over the weekend. Watchable, but clearly the weakest of the Marvel Netflix shows. There were a couple cool fight scenes in the back half of the season, but overall the action was underwhelming. There's a turning point for Ward, after which he became my favorite character to watch by far. I think they missed a huge opportunity by not showing that many flashbacks to K'un-Lun. Danny has possibly the most interesting backstory of the Defenders, and we don't get to see any of it. It would've informed his character more too. Colleen Wing was cool.

Hard to get into a lackluster martial arts show when this is already on the air.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Loved both seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, gave up a few episodes into Luke Cage and don't even feel like watching this. I hope The Defenders is good.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  14. slimfenix182

Glad someone else liked Ward. Couldn't stand him the first two episodes and probably my favorite by the end. I was momentarily bummed when Harold hit him over the head with the club cause I thought he killed him at first

15. I had the exact same reaction ha.

16. Whatjuliansaid

The thing about him is his comic character isn't the same and it makes me feel weird

17. slimfenix182

I'm not a bit familiar with the comics. Never read any of the Netflix characters actually

18. Whatjuliansaid

look it up, he's a bad guy. Also joys uncle, not brother.

19. slimfenix182

Ah gotcha. I'll scope it out haha

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  20. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Probably my favorite Netflix series to date. I've never read the comics, but I feel like I want to now. I said this before, but I picked up a strong commentary on mental health, specifically bipolar disorder. Since I'm bipolar af, this resonated with me, the hospital scene in the beginning of the first season had me reminiscing about how I got sent to the hospital over the summer for the same type of grandiose/god-like thinking. The whole idea of him "dying" and coming back spoke to me about alienating friends and family during the midst of an episode.

The references to being "touched with fire" is actually a metaphor for being bipolar. There's a book about bipolar disorder and the artistic temperament called "Touched with Fire"

I love that metaphor more than anything. Once I started thinking of myself as Prometheus, stealing the fire from the gods it became a myth i learned to live by. The problem was, that the fire started consuming me. I had forgotten that Prometheus stole the fire from the gods to give back to the people, not selfishly hold it to himself.

Anyway, love the haters tho

21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Probably my least favorite. I finally finished it, and the finale was seriously underwhelming and poorly shot. So many silly things happening and Danny became more and more unbuyable. Ward is irritating. Joy is a useless character. This has made it's way to the bottom of the Marvel Series list for me.

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is a really interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. PauLo

43% Burnt

It's the most disappointing series for me. Not because it was bad, but because it was the series i was looking forward to the most and I wanted it to be perfect. And it wasn't. Plenty of positives but a fair few negatives too. I feel like Finn will do better as part of the Defenders ensemble. And a more focused script in a second season might help too. If they get another season.

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

On episode 10. I don't find it especially better or worse than any of the other Marvel Netflix shows, they all kind of blend together in quality for me. Certainly enjoyable and I look forward to finishing

Also does anyone else think Ward looks identical to Fred Armisen sometimes? I can't get passed it

y2jayjk, Fronnyfron and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  25. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

You just messed me up for life with this show.

tdlyon likes this.