Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Iron Fist (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Apr 1, 2016.

1. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea you would think they would have learned from the mistakes of DD2, JJ, and Luke Cage. The defenders better be something truly great to make up for the slogs these past seasons have been.

2. PauLo

43% Burnt

The only time any of the shows have felt like a slog was the first 4 or 5 eps of JJ. And after that, it became one of the best things on Netflix. Apart from them, it's all been solid IMO.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is the exact opposite of the scene from Dardevil. It hurts my brain.

Tim and nl5011 like this.
  5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Starting ep11. I guess I'll finish the season?

Sigh.

6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

7. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I'm on episode 7 and I could take it or leave it but I don't despise it at all. My biggest issue is the episodes seem to drag on forever, the plots seem incredibly empty. I understand mystery and trying to give you surprises but it makes it really dull. I'll give the 2nd season a chance to at least be a little better, I hated dd s2 so I don't have much hope. My biggest fear now is if they mess up moon knight, will absolutely suck for me.

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I finished this last night. I enjoyed the middle of it but really struggled getting through episodes 9-13

9. Greg

I don't hate it, but it's not that engaging.

Unless the final episode is mind blowingly good, this is easily my least favorite Marvel show.

10. Whatjuliansaid

Well I couldn't get fully into Jessica jones so I'm the worst person to talk about this with.

11. Greg

I loved Jessica Jones...

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  12. Whatjuliansaid

Yes, the majority of the world did.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I liked this better than DD S2 honestly. Even with how much Bernthal nailed the Punisher. I definitely finished this faster than that season. So for me:

DD S1 > JJ > LC > IF > DD S2

14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I got one episode left.

15. Greg

This show is so weird. How in the world is Harold being a bad guy some big reveal?

Danny is stupid as hell.

16. Whatjuliansaid

I know most people know that if they read the comics but

You should spoiler that, just saying

17. Greg

That Danny is stupid? Harold has been bad from episode 1.

18. Greg

My god... What the fuck is this nonsense?

Danny is the worst.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Greg

Dammit.

Why did I finish this? Ugh. So dumb.

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I've heard great things from all of my friends. I may watch it when I have time. I like Daredevil season 1. Couldn't finish jessica Jones. Luke cage and daredevil season 2 were meh.

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Not liking Jessica Jones is my least favorite Marvel take someone can have, lol. It's such a great and very important season of television. It's not perfect, but with how important the themes are, I'm troubled by anyone who generally enjoys Marvel Netflix but did like it.

I've settled on my decision to watch Iron Fist, which I think means I'm gonna stop checking what other people think of the show in this thread, lol. Hopefully Defenders works well for someone who didn't watch this, and hopefully Danny's costars elevate his totally uninspired performance. Also hoping Colleen Wing and Misty Knight get to be the super cool gal pals Daughters of the Dragon.

awakeohsleeper and zigbigwig like this.
  22. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Jessica Jones I think had a great start and tons of potential to be great. But something happened in the writing about half way through the season. The back and forth nonsense completely ruined the show for me. Still the best season other than dd1

23. It's easily one of the best things Marvel has done and the trove of Marvel-stans that don't like it is why I don't trust their opinions about Marvel movies either.

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Speaking of Marvel movies, do you have an opinion on Sony's Venom film and Silver Sable/Black Cat film, both which seem to be completely separate from their Spider-Man films and the MCU as a whole?