Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Iron Fist (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Apr 1, 2016.

1. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I'm kinda nervous about this after seeing what people have been saying and with the reviews and all, especially as some one who has loved mostly everything out of all the Marvel Netflix series we've had so far. And probably won't be able to watch until next week since I'll be busy all weekend.

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I've been trying to avoid the reviews simply because I knew I'd be reviewing it and wouldn't be able to watch it in advance like actual critics hah. Like @Tim I've enjoyed these series for the most part. DD S2 wasn't as good as S1, but there were still some good parts to it. Idk maybe I'm not critical enough when it comes to TV/film, but I still like getting my thoughts down about them.

3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Two episodes in and I don't understand the criticism at all. It's a little action light, sure. But it's anything but boring.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm liking it so far. Just starting episode 5 now.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Was tempted to put it on, but saw there was a Jim Norton special instead.

6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

He wasn't a showrunner until the final three seasons (I'm pretty sure.)

Four was the last one I loved -- but there were scattered things I liked throughout the rest of the series.

7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I've watched through episode 7 now. Saw the RT percentage, but still trying to avoid other reviews until I get mine done hah. Not sure I get the horrible rating, though.

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Glad to see some people enjoying this. Haven't watched yet but I'm not hard to please so maybe I'll like it

9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm just wondering which of the critics knew anything about the character before watching this. Fans seem to be enjoying it more than them for sure though.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Most of it has to do with disjointed narrative, characters whose motivations/characterization are very questionable, and the dated concept.

Contender likes this.
  11. chris

Trusted Supporter

one episode down, that flashback scene where Ward is over-the-top mean while playing Monopoly was such a laughably bad bit of exposition in establishing him as an antagonist. Otherwise the rest has been mostly alright enough to keep watching.

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I guess none of those things have seemed that drastic to me (at this point) but maybe I'm just not as picky haha. I still have 8-13 left to go, though.

13. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

So it's decent?

14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

5 episodes in and I'm liking it quite a bit.

15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

3 episodes in and it's not bad. I felt like the acting in the first episode wasn't great but it got better. It's not as engaging as the other Marvel shows, yet at least. It's still enjoyable though.

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I've watched the first two episodes and while it doesn't immediately grab me like the others did with strong beginnings, it doesn't deserve the pure venom it's been treated with by any means. Finn Jones sounds really awkward a lot of the time, which leads me to the conclusions that he may not have been the best choice for this role, and the first fight scene in the series at the beginning of the first episode is staged horribly, but other than that the plot is intriguing and I actually like the rest of the cast quite bit, especially Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing. I'm actually looking forward to continuing.

17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I really don't like the guy playing Ward so far. He's so robotic.

18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

My two biggest complaints so far (I just finished episode 5) are Finn Jones and Tom Pelphrey (Ward). I can excuse Jones for the most part because he just stumbles a bit every now and then (mostly when he's supposed to be angry or freaking out [elevator scene in episode 1]), but Pelphrey just has no character. He's "jaded son who is jealous of other man because he thinks dad likes him more". He has no emotion, no humanity, nothing. He's a boring element that was way too present. I get that he's supposed to Danny's foil (Ward represents business/corporate America, Rand is more spiritual), but it feels way too ham-fisted. Jessica Henwick as Wing is absolutely fantastic, though. She steals the show.

It definitely feels a bit slower than the other Marvel shows, but it's interesting enough. I dig the plot so far, and I was a fan of the "identity crisis" thing that was in the first few episodes. The choreography could use some work, and the cinematography is kind of bland. Maybe it's just because I like Danny Rand, but I am still enjoying the show. It doesn't live up to Daredevil s1, Jessica Jones, or the front half of Daredevil s2, so far. I don't think it deserves all the hate it's gotten, though.

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm on episode 9. Hoping I can finish up today or early tomorrow at the latest to get Jason my review for Monday. Going to try to not do spoilers really and more just my thoughts on the season as a whole.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I didn't like Ward at all the first two episodes or so but I think he gets much more interesting as it goes

thedrudo, Deanna and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Just finished episode five. I like it a lot. Glad I didn't let the critics sway me on this one. It has faults (the action, Jones' acting a lot of the time) but it's more engaging than I was expecting plot-wise. Hoping it continues like this.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  22. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I really don't like the main guy so far... Not sure I can get through this.

23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm three in and I dig it. Like the other series, I've got nitpicks but it's nothing that makes me want to abandon ship.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  24. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Finished! I'll give myself a bit of a break and wait until tomorrow to start my review.

thedrudo likes this.
  25. This is very very very bad. Holy shit I can't take anymore. Stay away. The fight scenes are atrocious.