Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Iron Fist (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Apr 1, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I didn't see a thread on here yet for this.

Jessica Henwick will be Colleen Wing: Marvel's 'Iron Fist' casts 'The Force Awakens' actress in lead role

Finn Jones will be Iron Fist: 'Game of Thrones' actor to play 'Iron Fist' in Marvel series

Both actors are from Game of Thrones. If you haven't, I recommend reading Matt Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist series: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785185429/?tag=absolutepunk-20

Any other Danny Rand fans excited for the show? It doesn't premiere until after Luke Cage, but still.

2. phaynes1

Regular

Ah yes very excitdd

3. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

For some reason I thought this was directly tied to The Hand...any truth to that?

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The Hand was in Daredevil season 2 and the four Marvel Netflix shows are connected. I can see it being a possibility.

5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Why Iron Fist Needs To Be Asian American, Not A White Savior

This is from last December, but I think it's still a good look at the casting conversation that happened in the media and why people are still upset. I know the die is cast, and I don't mean to imply it's wrong to be excited, but I also don't want this issue being forgotten.

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Great article. Thanks for sharing.

I've slowly been getting into the character via the source material, but haven't read many of the older classic issues. While I understand the article, I think Marvel feared the backlash by fans if they strayed from the source material. This could be why they already announced Asian characters Colleen Wing and Shang-Chi to appear in it already, since they do want to show they're diverse.

7. Tim

Though, there's of course still the matter of Iron Fist as the lead and Shang-Chi as his supporting character. Marvel is getting better, but at a glacial pace, lol. Loving the MCU while loving representation is so exhausting.

I'd love an Elektra Netflix series. I'm only 2/3 of the way through Daredevil S2, but she's been the best part. I want to see them take her on her own cool, exciting adventure.

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I would also love to see that. She has a lot of solo adventures in the comics that could be explored on TV.

9. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

Just bought the two Brubaker volumes last weekend. Pretty stoked to start diving in. Netflix and Marvel are on such a roll.

10. Tim

I started the Marvel Now series but stopped an issue in when I got Assassin. My next priority is Black Panther: Man Without Fear, but then I'm gonna dig through my Elektra stuff.

11. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I really hope this has less terrible side characters than Jessica Jones did.

Thursdaysox and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Heard good things so I finally bit the bullet on Immortal Iron Fist, should be coming today. I'm excited to finally check it out.

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Yes! Report back your thoughts in either here or the Comic Book thread. It's one of my favorite series.

14. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Stoked for this, still crossing my fingers hard for moonknight though :-X

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Deanna likes this.
  16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Looking forward to this more now after having seen the trailer. I think I'm also going to want to read Luke Cage and Iron Fist comics before these air though for a little more background.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

3/17/17

Anthony_D'Elia and Deanna like this.
  18. Anthony_ Oct 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2016)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Even though that teaser had literally no substance to it, just seeing the smoke form his symbol was enough to get me way over-hyped. Cannot wait for this series. Really interested to see what Finn Jones does with the role, as I felt he never really had the chance to shine on Game of Thrones in his limited role.

19. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Read Immortal Iron Fist as it was coming out and it's still one of my favorite comic series ever, so i'm so hyped for this. They have so much mythology from this character to draw from so i'm interested to see what they'll do.

One thing i'm anxious about is how they're going to handle Shou-Lao the Undying the dragon that gives Danny his powers. I can't imagine they have the budget for the CGI to do that justice.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Deanna likes this.
  21. Tim

I look forward to tolerating this lame white kung fu tale for Colleen Wing.

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Solid teaser. Don't really have much to go on just based on this alone, though. Also, don't know how they're going to top some of those excellent fights from Daredevil, but hopefully they figured out how.

23. Looks good.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

STRAIGHT FROM THE 36 CHAMBERS

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.