Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Iron Fist (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm having a hard time talking myself into even putting it on. I'm usually waking up early and skipping work to marathon it. Don't feel that at all here.

2. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched the first episode.

i thought it was boring as hell, and the lead actor annoys the shit out of me

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Literally forgot this was out today. Might at some point watch the first and last episode to prep for Defenders, and also to see just how lifeless and racist it really is, lol.

I'd say whole season at this point. I think whole-season reviews of Netflix shows are pretty common? Though I don't really follow television reviews for the most part.

If you really wanna divide it up, you could maybe do 1-6 as one review, then 7-13 as another? Still think one review would be better, but it could be fun having a review looking at the segment that advanced reviews covered, seeing if you feel the same way, then another on the rest of the season. Though you'd probably wanna get both out pretty fast and close to each other.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Not saying the show isn't as bad as the reviews say, but we shouldn't let it sway whether or not we watch at least the first episode. I'm going in with an open mind and I'll make my own decision from there.

5. Davjs

Trusted

Man, I usually don't let reviews get to me because sometimes they are so off......but after the back half of Luke Cage and multiple episodes of Jessica Jones dragging (any ep without Cage or Kilgrave really), I'm not down with another show that is boring.

So happy the Defenders have the Dare Devil show runners so I don't have to worry about that.

6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Daredevil wasn't immune to any of the faults Cage and JJ had. The back half of season two is a snooze fest, though I admit that I'm not a fan of Elektra.

I'm gonna start IF after work. Looking forward to it.

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still haven't finished Luke Cage and I wasn't that excited for this in the first place so I might just give the first episode a shot and if I'm not into it I'll skip this and just wait for The Defenders.

8. Davjs Mar 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2017)
    Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I know a lot of people in here say the back half of DD S2 was boring and whatnot, but I'm not sure that's a majority opinion and I certainly don't see it. Was it as strong as the first half introducing the Punisher? Hell no but that's just because how great it was. It still so many great scenes and a ton of action. Literally the other shows had legit filler and were dragging out scenes.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The back half of all of these shows get boring. There are four or five too many episodes.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

The Punisher stuff is pretty fun until he lands in a courtroom for three episodes. That whole season is mediocre to me. First season is the best stuff the Marvel Netflix shows have done -- and even then, it really teeters off in the final episodes.

Luke Cage had some miserable action scenes but I'd honestly its not far behind season one of DD.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  11. Isn't Agent Carter be their first TV flop?

12. Davjs

Trusted

Haha I really loved the courtroom scenes actually, I thought they were really well done and some amazing dialog. I think Season 2 only faltered when they threw in that random twist of the Colonel being the one who killed Frank's family (seemed to wrap up really fast and too convenient) and the ending rooftop fight scene.

13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't terrible but I just Frank out in the world doing his thing. Bernthal was good in that breakdown scene.

14. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, he was great. We'll get it in his own series :-) The question is, will he appear in the Defenders?

15. Anthony_

In terms of viewership, yes, but that series was excellent and critically-acclaimed throughout its run.

Why Bother? and Tim like this.
  16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think I'm either going to do one or split it in half depending on how quickly I get through it. I'll be starting it after I shoot out a press release for the new album out on my label today most likely.

Tim and callumnmacleod like this.
  17. Anthony_

Daredevil S2 was great until the last three episodes. The choices they made with regard to Elektra and the Hand were very, very bad and were clearly only there to set up future series. It took the focus off of where it should have been, ideological battle between Punisher and Daredevil.

Jessica Jones is excellent throughout. Nothing more to say really. Incredible villain, tight plot, little interference by set-up for future installments, great lead, etc.

Luke Cage was incredible up until Cottonmouth's exit from the show. Then it gets noticeably worse due to the weak villain and complete lack of work done to develop his relationship to Luke. Definitely a waste of a great first six episodes.

That said, I wouldn't call any of these seasons outright bad. It remains to be seen how I'll feel about Iron Fist, but I'm not going to not watch it just because of the bad reviews.

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't really feel much desire to watch this. I will check it out eventually. I think lol.

19. Tim

Maybe "dud" is a better word than "flop." I'd agree with assessment:

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  20. Tim

Loved Daredevil S1, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage start to finish. I don't disagree with the common critiques, but I was invested enough in the characters to enjoy the weaker episodes. Jessica Jones is definitely my favorite, but the other two aren't far behind.

I didn't finally push through Daredevil S2 until after I had finished Luke Cage. Such a chore of a season. Matt Murdock was really engaging to me in S1, but he was totally unengaging to me in S2. Everyone and everything was a snooze besides Karen Page and Punisher, who both rocked out every scene they were in. I don't even like the character of Punisher, but man, Bernthal nailed the role. Him giving Karen love advice could've been terrible, but with these actors, it was a season highlight. Sucks that everything around them was so dull.

21. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully not.

22. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I had no idea Scott Buck was doing IF until a few weeks ago. His run on Dexter was horrible.

23. I'll try to watch a few eps this weekend, but I feel like the action isn't going to measure up. At least Into the Badlands is back this weekend!

24. Davjs

Trusted

It says he started working on Dexter in season 2? That means you didn't like most of the show lol. I thought Seasons 2-4 were the strongest.

25. Davjs

Trusted

That show does fight scenes right!

Joe likes this.