Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Iron Fist (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Apr 1, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

3. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

hell yeah

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

lol:

Also, never forget:

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That trailer did nothing for me. The story sounds like Batman Begins/Iron Man.

7. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Who's gonna be the bad guy?

8. Tim

I was thinking more so Arrow, but I can also totally see Batman Begins.

But, yeah, this really doesn't look good to me at all, and not just 'cause it's racially problematic (that certainly doesn't help, but I did still love Doctor Strange in spite of those major criticisms). Danny Rand seems like such a boring protagonist to me. I guess you could say that this looks vanilla in more ways than one, lol.

There hasn't been nearly enough of Colleen Wing yet to figure out if she's gonna be cool or not, but basically all of my hopes lie with her right now. Daredevil S2 was really boring, but everything with Punisher was awesome and elevated that slog. Luke Cage was different because I loved that lead character, but again, Misty Knight totally elevated the series. If Colleen Wing continues that recent trend of a supporting character elevating the series, then maybe I'll still enjoy this.

9. EngineDown

yep totally reminded me of arrow s1

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I kind of hated the delivery of all his lines in that trailer

11. Davjs

Trusted

Why are comparisons to Batman Begins, Iron Man and Arrow S1 a bad thing? Aren't all those things great?

12. EngineDown

everything that is good should be mined in perpetuity, yes that's a good concept

13. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

I think the point is the concept is tired. I think Netflix's trailers are all pretty weak in general, but my biggest thing is still how dumb it is to have a white guy master martial arts in a few years. Same thing as bullshit like The Last Samurai. Like...there's a reason the people who are the best at it are the ones who have been practicing it the longest. I know it's the entire premise for the story, but it still just rubs me the wrong way.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Early reviews are saying this is laughably bad.

15. Tim

As a major Marvel stan, I'm... honestly really happy about this. lol. Happy to sit this one out. Hopefully it's their first flop and results in there not being a S2, with Danny just getting absorbed into Luke Cage as a glorified sidekick.

16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I haven't kept up with comics in a few years but Iron Fist was always the least interesting character and I hated reading about him. Glad to hear I won't be missing anything with this

17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Not quite what I wanted to hear since I told Jason I'd review it for the site haha. Just my luck.

Tim likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Sucks to hear this sucks. They already got things wrong since the beginning though.

20. Hopefully, they'll learn from this and improve upon the other shows as much as they can. A can-do-no-wrong attitude can lead to staleness. This is all assuming the audience reaction is the same as critics.

21. So I guess this means Inhumans will suck too.

22. Tim

Dang, I forgot it's the same showrunner. Hopefully the rest of the team behind Inhumans makes it better. Agents of SHIELD has done some cool stuff this season, so if those same voices are involved in that project, that'll help.

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Help me out here. Do I do a review for each episode or just one for the season as a whole?

24. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

If it's as bad as people are saying, I'd just do the series as a whole. Episode by Episode may be soul crushing!

airik625 likes this.