Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

iOS 10 Message Apps and Sticker Packs Roundup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One of the best features of iOS 10 is the new iMessage app. MacStories has a really good round up of some of the best apps and sticker packs that have been released:

Over recent weeks, Federico and I have tested dozens of iMessage apps and sticker packs, exchanged hundreds of stickers, made interactive to-do lists, played games, edited photos, and much, much more. Some of the things we’ve tried are highlighted in Federico’s iOS 10 review to illustrate particular aspects of the Messages app, but we’ve seen so many interesting apps and stickers, we wanted to share them with readers in one place.

I’m all about that Mario pack.

2. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

absoluteapple.net

Arry, fenway89, Mike and 3 others like this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

There's a tableflip button now

Wow

Kevin360 and Jason Tate like this.
  4. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

I still can't figure out the thing with the long touch of the arrow button on messaging to make stuff bigger or how to do confetti. I feel old.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

Lots of bells and whistles on this update--still the only thing I'd update for is the ability to delete Apple-provided apps.

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

that is included in this update, so

7. chris-wrecker

Trusted

me either

8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Type something, hold the send button extra long. It'll pop up with options like "Slam" and "invisible ink". Up at the top there should be another option on the top right that says "Screen" click that and then you have full screen options like fireworks and lasers, etc.

10. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

I hate the update. Confusing as hell and ugly mostly. Music app sucks now.

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

you might need to go settings -> general -> accessibility and turn off the reduce motion option

12. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

if send effects arent working for you, you have to turn reduce effects off under your settings. it wasn't working for me either

13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

kind of annoying that i have to do that in order to access that feature, i turned it off to save battery literally the day i got my phone

14. i want the predictive text thingy to GO. A. WAY!

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

you can turn it off in your keyboard settings

16. chris-wrecker

Trusted

That did it. Thanks!

17. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yah i hate that shit i cant believe you were living with it till now lol

18. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

One of the apps included in that post has classic emoticons and included in the example is tableflip himself

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. Dan O'Neill

Regular

The new weekly playlists are cool though....but they didn't have to change the look for that to be true. I don't hate the new look, but it was fine before.

20. atlastitsok

Regular

Can someone explain stickers to me? I like the gifs but just don't get the sticker pack stuff

The why not the how.

21. there's no good reason why, haha. it's more or less just next level emojis.

22. theredline

Trusted Supporter

What's tableflip?