Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

iOS 10 Is Now Available • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MikeC18

Are the audio controls gone from the control center (swipe up from the bottom of the screen) or is it just me?

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I never swipe to unlock, I always used the thumb sensor, only difference now is, I actually have to press the button where as before just had to lightly hover over it. No big deal.

Only thing I miss about the swipe is - and I realized it this morning at 7:15 a.m. - is that is how I'd turn off my alarm in the morning. Now I need to press the home to do it.

Sidenote, I'm only texting in .gifs from now on.

3. theredline

Trusted Supporter

It seems that way...but when music is playing it's on the lock screen...If that makes sense...

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Swipe left.

DearCory likes this.
  5. MikeC18

6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

took over 2 hours to download the update, so then I selected the option to have it installed overnight. Woke up to it telling me the update couldn't be installed because my passcode wasn't entered >:-(.
    got to work and plugged it in to charge so it could install while I opened the store, and now the update screen goes blank when I scroll down:redanger:.
    gonna try installing via iTunes when I get home, but that won't be til late tonight. I just want to use all these fancy iMessage features :/
    I have a 6 and I don't usually have to swipe from the unlock screen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Mine took at least an hour to update. I ended up falling asleep before it was done, but I was waiting for awhile.

I don't usually do too much on my iPhone. I text, call, browse the internet, play a couple mindless games, and have a couple simple apps. I don't feel like I'll even notice half of the things they updated. Clicking the home button to unlock my screen is probably going to be the biggest thing I need to get used to. I kinda like how you can read texts and stuff without unlocking the phone. I need to keep clicking around on things throughout my phone and see what else I like/dislike.

Schooner likes this.
  8. NotBruce

Regular

The iMessage update is really interesting. Kinda fun to mess around with so far. I had to turn off the predictive option though, the keyboard was feeling way too cluttered for me.

Apple Music is a lot better, I think. Only real complaint is the ability to edit songs within an album. I had some duplicates and had to play them, then select Delete, which was a bit tedious. But not a huge deal.

Deleting Stocks was euphoric.

jorbjorb and Christian Romero like this.
  9. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

The lock screen works fine on my 5S.

After I first downloaded the update, I had some deja vu back to trying to load iOS 7 onto my old iPhone 4, where everything seemed slow and lagging. A quick reboot seemed to fix that though. Overall, I enjoy the new features (well, the ones available to me on my older device), but I feel like the GUI somewhat took a step back. Some things seem a bit cluttered.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This new redesigned music app is a pretty good practical joke but when are they bringing the real one back

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i actually really like it. should be a lot easier to chose what i'm listening to while in the car.

Christian Romero likes this.