Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Investing • Page 8

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Henry, Jan 27, 2021.

1. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

upload_2021-1-27_20-53-13.png

2. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

If you don't have a bankroll to absorb the ups and downs in both gambling and playing the stock market then looking at it any other way than a lottery ticket is nuts. I've started sports gambling more seriously and I am playing small wages because I am trying to build up a bankroll to increase my wagers. People just jumping off the deep end in either of these two fields without a net to catch them is going to have issues. Bankroll management is critical in both of these.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Naked is up to $1.10. Feels good.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Made an order for BB last night. I got a little bit of NAKD but will probably sell that today.

uuu likes this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Probably the only time I'll speculate and I'm most likely out of this by Friday.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Friday feels safe to me.

Nokia announces quarterlies next week, and those are never good. Definitely out before that.

7. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I'm not going to risk putting any money into any of these stocks while they're clearly overvalued and mispriced haha

I do wish I bought some GME early on in the run though but I missed the wave

8. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

BB next Friday, ty.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

No one sell until GME reaches $1000!
    [​IMG]

Ken and theagentcoma like this.
  10. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

apparently BB, Nokia and AMC are just false flags to dilute investments into GME.
    Make of this what you will.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

To me they feel like opportunities for people who missed GME. Guys are going to be coming out of GME with lined pockets. Based on what they made, they are bound to reinvest. Might not be in the companies going right now, but something like this will happen again in some capacity, me thinks. Would be great if it were BB or Naked tho. lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

I definitely think Nokia and AMC are but I am still thinking BB is not.

theagentcoma and uuu like this.
  13. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

It's patently untrue, if those companies really wanted to get people to sell Gamestop now and "win" that "war" they would simply push ONE of those stocks into oblivion and then sell.

14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've been hearing that about Nokia and AMC. Lots and lots of bots and brand new accounts in the subreddit just spamming pro Nokia comments

15. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I have to imagine this Reddit group is just going to keep target companies that are being shorted and do it again

Henry likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm really hoping it can safely continue. The hedge fund folks you've never heard about are all coming out of the woodwork to fight this.

Apparently Elon is in their discord which is hilarious.

17. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I just don't understand how this works fundamentally - like there's no way GME stock is worth $340 or whatever it is now. What happens if they actually halt trading on it for 30 days as reported or when the stock starts to go back down?

Doesn't look like it's going anywhere so I'll need to learn quickly and get in on that discord chat haha

18. stars143

Trusted

19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I don't understand what happens when everyone tries to sell Friday. Who's buying?

20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

21. ReginaPhilange Jan 27, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 27, 2021)
    ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I think part of the reason people caught wind of GME being over-shorted is because there was a group that were bullish on it as early as of mid last year. Some of these people absolutely know their shit.

Ken likes this.
  22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

mescalineeyes likes this.
  23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Buy low sell high!!

24. stars143

Trusted

smart money is doing the opposite of what @imthesheriff suggests

Bobby and Henry like this.
  25. imthegrimace