Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Investing • Page 61

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Henry, Jan 27, 2021.

1. zhargfoul

mad

@Richter915 that's an unbelievably fucked up thing to say my guy

theagentcoma and bigmike like this.
  2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I saw a helpful table somewhere that showed how quickly markets tend to recover from drops caused specifically by geopolitics - basically markets tend to overreact to these things but usually bounce back pretty fast. I'll see if I can find it.

3. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Found it

[​IMG]

Richter915 and David87 like this.
  4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Anyone catch the Jon Stewart show on Apple Tv last night? He had the SEC chair on and the dude looked like he was being held hostage. Basically admitted the American people know the system isn't working for them. Could not stop squirming in his chair lol

5. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I guess we have to /s every time.

And if you partake in any part of the capitalist system you're benefiting from blood money too but you might not hear me from your high horse over there

6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I need a table charting my crippling anxiety about market variance

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My travel stocks are taking a beaaaating today yeesh. I put in a buy order over the weekend because they trended so low on Friday, but it looks like I shoulda waited until later today to execute the buy lol

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m guessing war and high oil prices aren’t great for cruise lines and airlines!

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

10. theagentcoma

Apple has an announcement at 1 PM EST today for anyone that cares

11. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

S and p down 13% YTD

Nice

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. stars143

Trusted

That's solidly in "correction" territory.

13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Bear market on its way

theagentcoma and jorbjorb like this.
  14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

jorbjorb likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

GME going wild today

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

clucky likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

On no news whatsoever, classic

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

There was a wallstreetbets post a week or two ago about the potential for a short squeeze. It was so full of jargon, I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

19. theagentcoma

Yeah the problem is that the gap between the bid and ask price was so substantial that market makers were never going to cover their shorts if their strikes expired in the money

or some other bullshit

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

C94B62F5-1D70-4955-A74C-5E25B05B1A1C.jpeg

What the hell happened there? The other cruise stocks shot up after hours too

21. theagentcoma

fun little roller coaster ride

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This might be a deep cut question but….

Is there any advantage to buying an i Bond right now, today, instead of waiting until May 1st when the new interest rates are announced? Like, would buying them now do anything other than get me an extra week of interest?

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

You’re locked in for an extra month at the previous rate. You don’t know what the rate will be the next time they announce them and it can be less than most recent rates. That’s pretty much it. But it’s better to do it at the end of the month too because it counts for the whole month of interest of the month you acquire them.

David87 likes this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This might be a dumb question, but the way you answered confused me a bit...

Are you saying if i buy an i bond today, I would have the current 7.whatever % interest rate until May 24th, despite the interest rate change coming on May 1st? Or does the interest rate change automatically once they new rate is announced on the 1st?

I was under the impression it was the ladder, so if I bought a $100 i bond today i'd get 7.whatever % interest for the next week and then may first it would change to the new one.

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Oh no sorry! What I meant is if you buy on April 30th, you accrue the interest as if you had it for the whole month (April 1st). At least that was from my interpretation.

stars143 likes this.