Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Investing • Page 10

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Henry, Jan 27, 2021.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Also it's short percentage is high so they targeted it.

TM90 likes this.
  2. stars143

Trusted

WSB is back up

3. TM90

Regular

Where are they getting info on short pos? it's a fascinating philosophy

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

this is good shit

5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

it's public info afaik, probably a bunch of tools to find stocks that are highly shorted.

6. stars143

Trusted

7. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

8. phaynes12

they deleted the full clip but here's a part

PepsiOne likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've made $7.60 in BB so far, AMA

10. theagentcoma

astereo, Fletchaaa, Joe4th and 4 others like this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

“The great irony of all this and what most of Reddit doesn't get that is that the big winners here are the biggest players on Wall Street. Blackrock alone made $2.4 Billion from GME today. The institutional ownership (including synthetic longs) is now at 119% of the float. The largest shareholders of Gamestop are the megacap managed funds like Blackrock, Vanguard, Fidelity. These are multi-trillion dollar players, Vanguard alone has $5.7 trillion AUM. Citroen Research and Melvin who lost with their short positions are low/mid-tier niche funds with a few billion in management.

In fact while Redditors may have started off the pump, it was largely big movers making this play out. For those who have access to Level II ARCA order flow data on NYSE, you can see that it was large orders (way above what an average Redditor would be able to afford), that drove the short squeeze. For all the talk of DeepFuckingValue and his $50K early bet turning into millions and a few other redditors making six figure gains, this is a drop in the bucket. The billions in market cap that will be liquidated soon will be captured not by Redditors, but by Blackrock and Vanguard selling these shares to Redditors.

Its the Vanguards and Blackrocks that created the synthetic longs that were leveraged for short contracts and that drove the >100% short ratio, they are the ones who loaned the stock to these smaller hedge funds to short, it was them who picked up huge margin fees and it will be them who will now receive massively inflated GME stock back (for all of them the average acquisition price was in the single or teen digits) and they will now sell it at $300 to the clueless retail shrimp reading about this on Reddit/Twitter and jumping onto their Robinhood app to go on a crusade to stick it to Wall Street by buying GME.”

pretty reasonable take

12. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. phaynes12

i told myself i wouldn’t go in on NAKD but i woke up and had to

14. stars143

Trusted

Late reply, but it's not the drink company.

It's an intimate garments company: OUR BRANDS — Naked Shop Investors (NSFW? pics of people in their products)

If you want a stake in Naked Juice, buy PepsiCo stock.

David87 likes this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

lol okay thank you. I was so confused as to why that niche drink was even on the NASDAQ or whatever haha

16. theagentcoma

Oh shit Robinhood just pulled GME and AMC off of their platform, you're no longer able to buy it through the app.

They're trying everything they can to kill this.

stars143 likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

woooooow. Insane.

Wouldn't be doing that if some investment bank were doing this.

Okay...to blackberry and naked and all those other ones! go go go! Are you blind, deploy the garrison!

spiffa0 likes this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

stars143 likes this.
  19. stars143

Trusted

It's not too crazy a thought! FIZZ is a small beverage company that trades on the NASDAQ. It owns the brands La Croix, Faygo, Shasta, Ohana Punch, and a few smaller ones.

David87 likes this.
  20. phaynes12

nakd blocked too

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

wow...this is crazy.

This is like....such a blatent "only we're allowed to do this" move. Just right htere out in teh open

22. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Yeah this is fucked

23. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah blackberry too

25. theagentcoma

Robinhood about to take a tanking in reviews