Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Inventions - Continuous Portrait (May 29, 2020)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by wisdomfordebris, May 29, 2020.

1. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

The newest (and third) release from Matthew Cooper (Eluvium) and Mark Smith (Explosions in the Sky). Normally I'd leave this to the ambient thread, but on first listen, I think a lot of you would like this, especially if you need something uplifting today..

[​IMG]

On their first album together since Maze of Woods (2015), Matthew Robert Cooper (Eluvium) and Mark T. Smith (Explosions in the Sky) further their creative curiosities as Inventions and release the beautiful new record A Continuous Portrait.

A Continuous Portrait is an album of strange hypnosis, punctuated by songs that venture quite far from the respective oeuvres of Cooper and Smith. Spry, playful layers bounce against a steady thrum of rhythms and samples from everyday noises, while the dancing lightness of Outlook for the Future is met with a storm of emotional resonance. The music emerges as a distinctively different direction for Inventions - and the two members' day-jobs - and it is that very sense of exploration, pleasure, and ceremonial melancholia which informs the entire record from front to back.

1) Hints and Omens
    2) Calico
    3) Continuous Portrait
    4) Outlook for the Future
    5) Close to People
    6) Spirit Refinement Exploder
    7) The Warmer in the Welcome
    8) A Time in My Life
    9) Saw You in a Movie

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Hell yeah