Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Introducing: Dark Mode (March 26, 2017) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Mar 21, 2016.

1. NotBruce

Regular

Just upgraded, and now I find out there's a dark mode. What a day.

Jason Tate and chris-wrecker like this.
  2. What a lovely day!

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Dark mode is awesome. I think I could get used to this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

This looks awesome but upgrading doesn't really fit into my financial plans right now :(

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You can even do a one month trial for $5 if you want.

bd007h likes this.
  6. bd007h

May do that.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

that's what I'm doing right now, I'll probably continue it but just wanted to check it out for now with next to no financial burden

Jason Tate and bd007h like this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

And hey, by the way, definitely planning to check out Meg Myers after that Drake thread so well done haha.

bd007h likes this.
  9. bd007h

Yeah not a bad idea. I was thinking it was a year subscription thing but a five dollars for one month isn't bad at all.

10. bd007h

hahaha good deal. Adelaide, Desire, Make A Shadow, and After You are a few of my favorites but it's all good. Sorry and Lemon Eyes are pretty good too if just going by singles. She just played Motel on Conan this past week, which is a fairly good song but probably her weakest single to date.

As a whole I prefer her two EPs to her debut album that came out in september but I enjoy everything she's done so far.

11. bd007h

Is it a recurring charge each month that you have to cancel if you don't want to continue, or can you just upgrade for one month?

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

There's an option that's just a one month trial, and then a "monthly" option that (in my understanding) renews itself every month that you'd need to cancel if you so choose.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly I'd never heard of her at all, so I figured with such a strong recommendation I'd better take a listen. Got a lotttt on my "to listen" list though and i'm pretty inconsistent about getting through it.

bd007h likes this.
  14. bd007h

Oh I see that at the bottom now. I saw the two subscription options at the top lol

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, there's not a whole lot of difference I suppose.

16. bd007h

Yeah she's kinda under the radar. I heard "Desire" on my local alternative station a year and a half ago and was hooked ever since haha.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

What's a good RIYL?

18. bd007h

Depends on the song haha. Desire is fairly Nine Inch Nails influenced, Lemon Eyes maybe a little more "light hearted" Nirvana sounding, Monster and Heart Heart Head kinda sound like Fiona Apple, Adelaide being kinda synthpop/Darkwave. Sorry and Motel a little more pop/rock, with sorry having some electronic elements.

Kinda hard to pinpoint.

FTank likes this.
  19. bd007h

did the trial run and I love this Dark Mode :thumbup:

FTank likes this.
  20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Told you!

bd007h likes this.
  21. bd007h

I know you'd probably rather spotify her music first, but Meg Myers just posted on her twitter and facebook today that her debut album "Sorry" is on sale on itunes for $7.99 for the next few days lol. I'm more partial to her two EPs but the album is solid. Just a heads up although like I said you might rather listen to her for free on spotify first to see if it's something you'd want to pay for lol.

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh sounds good haha thanks!

23. bd007h

I have signed physical copies of her two EPs (one of them being my avatar haha) but only have the album digitally at the moment. She was selling signed copies of that too when it was released but I held off because I already had her autograph and needed to save some money at the time haha.

FTank likes this.
  24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Can't believe anybody could use this forum on a regular basis without dark mode; the white just ruins the eyes.

bd007h likes this.
  25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

White is cool too. I like them both

bd007h and Jason Tate like this.