Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Into It. Over It. / The World Is A Beautiful Place / The Sidekicks / Pinegrove Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was really into TWIABP around the time Whenever, If Ever came out and then as soon as the whole Between Bodies thing happened I got really uninterested. Ever since then they haven't gained my attention back and they are insanely boring live to me for some reason.

The Sidekicks are in fact the greatest rock and roll band in America and I'm super bummed they didn't have the shirt last night haha

Did get one of those IIOI tour variants though which was really exciting

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

See I think Harmlessness is hands down their best material, haha.
    I like to forget Between Bodies even existed

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It's definitely good I just can't get into it for some reason

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

If I could get it without the words it would be ok.

When I first got into them harmlessness was billed as the follow up to Whenever and I was so confused. Then I realized why.

5. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Harmelessness is good but the last few times I've seen them their sets have been a little dragged out. Didn't help that their mic check was really long too. Still think they're a good band but wasn't feeling it much last night. They also quote tweeted me and said I was rude for my hilariously accurate tweet (I still like TWIABP.)

6. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

I like em but the most of the crowd & I were only hyped when FightBoat/Soda plays. It's always like that when they come here.

7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, I liked "Between Bodies", I'd consider "Harmlessness" as their best material, and moreover, I love songs longer than 5 minutes etc., it's jut sequencing in their setlist that makes me feel it could be handled better.

8. atlas

Trusted

Anyone who's been to this show know what time roughly IIOI goes on/show ends? I'm seeing em tonight

9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

They went on around 11 when I saw them but Pinegrove didn't even go on until 8 that night. Give you some sort of reference.

10. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Show went just as expected. IIOI was fantastic, probably the best time I've seen him. Their drummer kills it. TWIABP was not my or my buddy's thing, and man did their set drag on. Sidekicks were great, and we just missed Pinegrove of whom I wouldn't have minded to have seen.

11. atlas

Trusted

Pretty much my exact feelings haha. Pinegrove were utterly fantastic, was totally impressed by them (I had never heard them before)

12. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Live | Audiotree

Please tell me someone is ripping this.

TWIABP and IIOI live tonight.

13. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

IIOI are killing it

14. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

This show was amazing last night. I agree that TWIABP were the least entertaining, but they are also the band I was least familiar with on the bill. Pinegrove was ridiculously good and lived up to all the hype they are getting. I saw some people earlier saying they weren't that impressed by Sidekicks at other shows, which boggles my mind if they put on a show as good as they did last night. They probably put on the most energetic set. And of course IIOI killed it as usual.

15. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i love what TWIABP is doing live but i see how it can be a turn off for a lot of people. it seems that for this tour they went for a post-rock aesthetic with long instrumental transitions. i think that's why they took "I Can Be Afraid of Anything" off the set, which is a long but straightforward song once the vocals begin. sucks because i love that song to death

16. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

Yeah, I actually did enjoy their set and I like their music (although I haven't spent a whole lot of time with it). It's just that you could kind of feel the crowd getting antsy after Sidekicks played a really energetic set and then a lot of people were anticipating IIOI next. Nothing against the band, I'm sure their shows are really well received when they headline.

17. EarthShifts

Trusted

I really dug this show a lot. Everyone is bringing something a bit different to the table. Excited to see where they all go from here.

18. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

@cwhit I don't know why you would know this but I feel like you would. Do you know where I could get a rip of the Audiotree stream from last night?

19. cwhit

Audiotree usually posts things eventually but idk

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Jeffrey Booker

Totally forgot about The Sidekicks Prince cover. Of course they closed with that in Minneapolis. No Summer Brings You Closer to Satan, alas.

Pinegrove was awesome, I don't think they will be playing places like the Triple Rock for long.

It's nice to see a female singer with TWIABP...makes the songs off Harmlessness way better than when they played with Foxing. Interludes were way too long though.

21. cwhit

...she's always in the band
    Though she was sick a few dates last tour so maybe that's what you're thinking of

22. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Holy fuck Pinegrove. Seeing them on this tour will be a bragging right in 2017. Just, I can't even assign words to how that set hit me.

Sidekicks were fucking stellar too.

TWIABP was amazing during the loud Moments but they lost me during the quieter, more transitional passages. Seemed very overwrought at parts, which hurts to say, because I love their newest record so much.

IIOI was fine. Least I was into the show all night but they were still very entertaining. Show definitely opened with its strongest band.

23. Jeffrey Booker

She must have been sick for our date. I saw them before the new album came out but didn't notice because the female vocals aren't as prevalent as on Harmlessness. Obviously a song like January 10th wasn't as powerful without her. Much better this time.

24. cwhit

yeah, it's derrick's wife, she's been in the band for a long time, haha

25. atlas

Trusted

Also my god is Josh Sparks a great drummer. So fluid and tight.