Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Into It. Over It. / The World Is A Beautiful Place / The Sidekicks / Pinegrove Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. devenstonow

Noobie

Show as pretty sweet last night, first time ever hearing Pinegrove; holy shit they were amazing.
    The Sidekicks are kinda awful; exciting stage presence though.
    My opinion of The World Is... hasn't changed; they write great songs that suffer from being too experimental at times
    IIOI incredible as always

2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

3. IIOI instore at creep records on sunday!

GettingSodas likes this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Well Evan Weiss is Emo Mayor and he's been making a point of saying every night that The Sidekicks are the best rock band in the country.

6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

p sure he was agreeing with me (i hope!!!!)

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wonder if Evan will constantly talk about how he "is from" Chicago at the shows in Chicago.

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way about sidekicks. And I've recently discovered and love The World Is but you almost have to be in the mood for certain songs. IIOI was probably one of the most memorable show I've been to in a long time. So good.

9. cwhit

10. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Seeing this tour in t-minus 2 hours. Hope this show doesn't suck (lol I have a better chance of being hit by a meteor).

11. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone interested in two tickets to the 4/30 Chicago date?

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Can't even imagine thinking The Sidekicks are bad

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I listened to their latest album before I saw them. Thought it was ok but when I saw them live nothing really grabbed me.

14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Give Awkward Breeds a listen. I think it's a bit easier to latch on to than Runners.

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I will say that one of the guitar players is a big Streetlight Manifesto fan which is a plus. My brother is friends with him on a Streetlight messageboard.

16. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

would argue the sidekicks are the best band on this tour. maybe not live (pinegrove takes the cake on that) but as far as recorded material goes, definitely

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

IIOI on this tour is probably one of my favorite live performances I've seen.

18. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I wish tours like this would come to Australia

19. cwhit

IIOI is the tightest band in the scene, pretty easily.

20. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Philly last night was fun. Pinegrove sounded way better live than their actual material, seeing The Sidekicks live finally got me into them the amount I should be, and TWIABP was amazing.

21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

TWIABP just completely overdid it in Philly for me. The Sidekicks were a ton of fun. Pinegrove killed it; that band is going to blow up. And as always, IIOI did a fantastic job. The only thing that didn't work too well for me was "Anesthetic." Prefer the studio version.

22. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Can you elaborate on what you mean by TWIABP "overdid" it?

23. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I think the atmospheric/experimental stuff can be fun if you don't overdo, but they're whole set felt like one really long song with their songs thrown in there and it just didn't work for me. I used to be able to buy into that as a live performance, but I can't anymore. They are obviously very talented and I love their studio material but seeing them live has been the opposite of pleasant for me.

24. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I had the same experience when I saw them with Foxing. Totally love their studio stuff, though.

25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah this is how I felt when I saw the last August. It really started to drag on after a while.