Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Into It. Over It. - Standards Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

he played an acoustic new year's eve show that came and went super quietly.

i guess we'll have to see what their announcement says friday.

2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

considering evan retweeted the show announcement, i assume hes playing it

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  4. terps12

Regular

Loving the Iron Chic cover.

5. First new IIOI song in 3 years now available on limited Flexi 7" (/500).

From the release page:
    For the last three years I've been slowly working on a new record.
    For the last three years I've been working on myself.

At the start of 2017, I (and we for that matter) took a much needed break. This, to re-evaluate a relationship with music. Personally, to re-evaluate my motivations, my habits, my goals, and most importantly how I treated those around me.

If IIOI couldn't be done in a healthy way, then it wasn't the time do it. If IIOI couldn't own the experience in a productive way for all involved then it wasn't the time to do it. If working on IIOI wasn't fun and creatively fulfilling then it wasn't the time to do it.

So, with that..

- This is the first new IIOI song since 2016's Standards.
    - Released by us under Storm Chasers LTD (STORM010)
    - Pressed on a clear flexi 7" at 45 RPM.
    - No song name. No download code.
    - The complimentary artwork is personally hand-stamped and numbered.
    - Each 7" comes with its own image. No two are alike.
    - Each order comes with a sticker and 1" button.
    - Pressing is limited to 500. No more will be made.
    - $5, nothing more -- The shipping is free within the US.

We ask that you please limit your purchases to ONE PER CUSTOMER. Would love to keep this fair for all.

Finally -- All profits from every purchase will be matched and donated to My Block, My Hood, My City -- A Chicago non-profit providing underprivileged youth in the city of Chicago with an awareness of the world and opportunities beyond their neighborhood.

----

Performers: Evan Weiss, Adam Beck & Andrew Emil

Engineers: Matthew Jordan, Adam Beck & Mark Michalik

Producers: Evan Weiss, Matthew Jordan, Adam Beck, Mark Michalik, Andrew Emil & Jason Cupp

Mixed: Jason Cupp

Mastered: David Kutch

Artwork: Lynette Sage & Andy Hendricks

Night Channels likes this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"I swear I've been working on myself but oh don't worry what exactly I needed to work on myself for that's not important just know that work was done and it's not relevant how or why HEY! look over here, new song!!!!'

7. Yeah he hasn't addressed the specifics of what led him to take time off, fucking weak sauce. It continues to be 'fuck Evan Weiss' from me.

FrankieThe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  8. congruence

Got a light?

Used to love his music but now I can’t see him as anything but corny and pretentious and that extremely vague statement is shitty and in no way “owns” any experience in a productive way imo

FrankieThe4th and Carrow like this.
  9. atlas

Trusted

not to get into semantics but IIOI stopped playing shows well before the stuff with his manager happened so saying that’s what caused him to take time off isn’t really accurate

Jacob Tender likes this.
  10. It gives me the same feeling of Yellowcard's singer popping out of nowhere in his thread to apologize so vaguely for stuff I and I suppose many others had no idea about, but then still making sure to mention they've got new music coming out. Either get specific and detail what you're apologizing for, or just promote your stuff and move on. This inbetween shit is just a weird look.

11. Kmil

Trusted

Can anyone provide some context on what happened? This is the first I am hearing about this.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

His former manager was accused of abuse and when the survivor of said abuse came to Evan for help/to let him know Evan's response was to just "shut up and play nice".

13. Kmil

Trusted

Oh wow, fuck this dude then.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

very bad

Carrow and FrankieThe4th like this.