Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Into It. Over It. - Standards Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

I'm def going. God bless living in Chicago, where an Evan show is never far away

cubsml34 and KidLightning like this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Would be the first time seeing him solo since 2012

3. MexicanGuitars

Got my tix!

4. atlas

Trusted

Me too!

Also went back and listened to Standards earlier. "Anesthetic" is so f'n good and I've been sleeping on it for so long

cubsml34 likes this.
  5. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I always hear people raving about Anesthetic but give me Old Lace and Ivory any day, far superior ballad to my tastes

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i am incredibly disappointed in evan for saying what he did, ugh

evan is not the focus of the post

h8bit and KidLightning like this.
  7. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

ugh, fuck that.

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Yeah, that's really disappointing. I hope he at least owns up to this mistake.

h8bit likes this.
  9. atlas

Trusted

Ugh that is pretty awful. If someone brought this to his attention I like to think he would say something

EDIT: it appears it's been brought to his attention, never mind

h8bit likes this.
  10. He needs to address this in a public fashion and atone for his mistakes. For fuck's sake Evan.

11. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Jesus Christ. "Shut up and play nice"? C'mon, Evan. What the fuck?

Agreed that he needs to say something about this.

12. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Just really bummed about all of this.

atlas likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He just shared his statement.

14. MexicanGuitars

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Kind of weird to make a statement when it isn't about him, no? I haven't read it yet, but unless he handled it really well I feel like that'd shift the narrative from "this person was assaulted by a well known person in the scene and something should be done" to "Evan Weiss is a callous asshole." Not that they have to be mutually exclusive but I hope the former doesn't get lost in the shuffle

Edit: ah, there it is, just read it. It's good the article placed her narrative at the very top so whoever reads it remembers what's up

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s getting destroyed on twitter.. I don’t know what to think anymore. Everyone thinks they would do better in every situation and they hold these artists to extremely high standards... people mess up, it happens they should be able to apologize for it and move on.

vidiviciveni, h8bit and Kuri44 like this.
  17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Not condoning his actions but even during the initial claim I had the impression it wasn't clear to him the severity of what happened to her most likely due to his ignorance.

18. atlas

Trusted

Chase's statement is dogshit

h8bit and KidLightning like this.
  19. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I agree. It's disappointing that he reacted the way he did, he should have been better, rightly or wrongly he's no doubt much better educated now than he was then, he's acknowledged that he's messed up and I believe based on his statement that he will do right in the future. I'm not sure what could possibly be gained from 'cancelling' him, as some on Twitter are suggesting. Everybody's got to draw their own line of morality but if we cancel everyone who's ever made a mistake or misinterpreted a situation (and owned up to this/vowed to be better), I don't think there's going to be too many people left.

Kuri44 likes this.
  20. cwhit

21. cwhit

pet symm just announced their first show since this happened, pretty sure it's evan's first show in general

22. atlas

Trusted

i'm interested to see if turnout drops at his shows or if he gets called out for his shit at all. probably no to both (I'm not going to one any time soon though)

23. cwhit

pet symm did say they have more news on friday, i wonder if evan is even in the band anymore. guess we'll see

24. atlas

Trusted

i can't imagine any iteration of Pet Sym without him as he's so integral to the songwriting process (and let's be real, he was the main draw of the band anyways). what he did was shitty and perpetuating of horrible behavior but since he didn't directly abuse/assault someone any criticism his way is probably gonna get redirected to "look, he apologized!" and they'll carry on business as usual. it's not really the right thing to do but that's just how i see things happening

25. cwhit

i can definitely see that happening but based on how the other guys handled their show (as well as the fact that evan apparently wasn't on the cover they just put out on a comp), i'm not sure