Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Into It. Over It. - Standards Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I know that site exists. I was just being nice to you because I wanted to make you think you were helping me.

I was just more curious about people's opinion on if it's very similar or not. Also because I can't find the set list to the show I went to in April. I saw that they learned a bunch of old songs for the album shows they are doing in the UK coming up. He's playing a random headline show tonight that's not part of the tour he's currently support on.

cwhit likes this.
  3. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

:chin:

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I think they have it in their arsenal to play every song is what he is saying, with deliberate set lists

6. Horrorca

Trusted

why would they skip NYC on the 18th???

:(

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

They are playing full album shows in England before this tour. I was talking to Evan on the last tour and he said that the next tour would be great because they would have a ton of songs ready to play. Sounds like they learned 40+ for it.

8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Old Lace and Ivory is my favorite off the album, beautiful track. Underwhelmed by Standards in general though

9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is definitely a Fall album for me. Appreciating it more than ever

KennedyBN likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Need to revisit this soon

11. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

revisted this a few days ago and yeah its even better than i remembered

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I imagine I'll have a similar reaction. I listened to this a TON that first week and then I went away from it for some reason, I think its bc i wanted it to be louder at the time. The singles were all of these rockers and then i got the record and it was like half acoustic ha and it threw me off but those songs are probably the best on there

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is so good, works better as a fall album for sure

14. Horrorca

Trusted

was binging on IIOI last night - definitely fall/winter music, all of their albums

teebs41 likes this.
  15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

They were so good last night, I could watch Evan and Josh vibe onstage all night. Definitely inspiring me to bring back this record.

16. John Nguyen

For me its

Standards - Fall
    Intersections - Winter
    Twelve Towns - Spring
    Proper - Summer
    and 52 Weeks in between each season

Into It. Over It. all year round.

h8bit, teebs41 and Brenden like this.
  17. Horrorca

Trusted

hmmm

now that I think of it... my most intense IIOI experience and when it clicked hardest for me, was one crazy summer where it would rain every single afternoon...

ok, how about rainy day / late night music?

18. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Closing Argument is still one of my favorite songs of the year

teebs41 likes this.
  19. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I'm just gonna shamelessly drop this here.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I like this album probably the most, maybe tying with Intersections, but I think it could find a little more variety. Like, idk, going from electric to acoustic isn't really variety when you're kind of sticking to the same niche. I think Intersections had that variety since it veered occasionally into some noise pop/ambient noise territory, a little bit of heaviness here and there (no amount of sound) despite staying in its wheelhouse. I think Standards, while not playing with those sounds as much, is probably better crafted songs in this style. My issue though is a lot of the lead stuff (and this part is gonna get murky because I don't exactly know how to describe what im hearing in terms of musical terms) is structured in a way that makes them sound a little samey? I don't know if that's an arrangement thing or just. similar riffs. The quality is still good, but dunno, needs to be put in a different context or something. I feel like Proper suffers the most for it (good album though).

teebs41 and Ugly Mug like this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Gotta re-spin this now that December is here.

22. MexicanGuitars

Awesome job man! Do want that PBC flag too lol

Ugly Mug likes this.
  23. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Thanks! :)

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

show in chicago playing proper in full, with Pianos and Mother Evergreen.
    wow

teebs41, cubsml34 and KidLightning like this.
  25. MexicanGuitars

Was gonna go to the 10 year tour of ABR's "Messengers" with Protest the Hero and '68 as awesome support... not anymore lol.

Then Title Fight and Hotelier the next night and two days of Frank Turner full band the following weekend. RIP financial planning