Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Into It. Over It. - Standards Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Easily my favorite IIOI record. Such much diversity on here

Brenden and h8bit like this.
  2. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

While overall I think I'll always miss the shorter, visceral tracks from Twelve Towns or even Proper, this is definitely his most "put together" album and probably my favorite when considering all of his albums at a glance. "Your Lasting Image" to "Old Lace & Ivory" is probably my favorite back-to-back setup since "What Sarah Said" / "Brothers on a Hotel Bed".

teebs41 likes this.
  3. My favorite moment on this album is in the middle of "Adult Contempt," where it sounds like they're playing with the tape speed on one of the guitar parts, and it gets really slow for a second. It's just a really neat thing that makes that song stand out.

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I absolutely love this album. I think I listened to it for about two weeks straight.

I'm always surprised that people didn't like Intersections. There is very little of his I dislike though but it seemed more panned than I remember when it came out.

Didn't know their was another version. What did it come out on?

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this is probably my favorite by him too. surprised how much i like this

6. It was on that Polyvinyl Singles series from a year or two ago.

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Oh. How different does it sound?

8. h8bit

The song from the 4-track series sounds super lo-fi with a click track (?) and at a little quicker pace.

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i helped record this yesterday

10. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

12. h8bit

yeah i'm a little bummed this isn't on the LP here lol. loving the Proper vibes but the vocal mixing bugs me a lot, his voice sounds great without the added effects.

13. Horrorca

Trusted

just a quick reminder that this album is sick and the drumming is not from this world

mmk, bye

h8bit likes this.
  14. zack33107

Regular

This might be a long shot and if there is a better place to post let me know but I have two tickets I am looking to get rid of for Rough Trade in NYC on 6/12.

Let me know if you are interested

15. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I don't really get why I can't fully get into these guys. I love Evan's voice, I ADORE both "Shaking of Leaves" and "Closing Argument," but the rest, I just don't really give a shit about.

16. cwhit

not a fan of proper?

17. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Haven't heard that one yet. Just intersections and Standards in full. Is that one considered his best?

18. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Its got more of a punk feel to it than the other two. I think the tend to the more indie rock thing than Proper.

19. cwhit

Proper is easily my favorite, hits the emo side more than the indie rock or folkier side

teebs41 likes this.
  20. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Proper > Standards > Intersections imo

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Twelve Towns >

22. Horrorca

Trusted

some days I feel Intersections is his best

Contender likes this.
  23. Horrorca

Trusted

also this

12T is an amazing album and Evan should release another all/mostly-acoustic IIOI album

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He did it's called standards haha a lot of slow jams on it

25. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Sorry I left out Twelve Towns, it's also p good.

Not as good as Proper though.