Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Into It. Over It. - Standards Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

No EQ is crazy good! I only listened to it once before the album release cause I didn't want to overplay it... Wow what a track!

2. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I had restraint and only listened to the songs released beforehand once or twice so I'd be ready for this album. And each of those songs fit so well in the full context of the album. But No EQ is such a standout, will probably be one of my favorites.

3. Kennedy

Same! There is something about Evans voice on that track that I just adore. I can't really put my finger on it. When he's singing "as 30 minutes fade into 20 years how could I change"... Just something about his voice there grabs me haha

4. Timmiluvs

The chorus is my favorite part of that song, it's so damn catchy.

5. Kennedy

Yeah for sure! I'm excited to really get to know this record over the course of the next few weeks.

However, I don't know if any opener will ever beat "Embracing Facts" for me

h8bit and Timmiluvs like this.
  6. Timmiluvs

That opener is on another level

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I dunno, it all runs together so much for me. Then again, I've never been much of a fan, so I don't know what I was expecting.

8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

if i didnt like intersections at all what are the odds of me enjoying this

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I didn't like intersection at all and I think this is p good. not groundbreaking but a step up.

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

word. ill check it out

11. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Yeah that one would be hard to beat. I like the acoustic Daytrotter track of this a whole bunch as well.

KennedyBN likes this.
  12. I love this record. "Your Lasting Image" and "Old Lace & Ivory" back to back is such a great transition

h8bit likes this.
  13. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I didn't love this, but I'll probably listen a few more times because the drumming is so fucking good

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

On first listen I get the same thing as the last two albums, a real lack of diversity. Just nothing on here sticks out for me. But really, nothing from any of the albums have stuck with me so maybe it's something else.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah this is where I am too

16. irthesteve

And I honestly think it's something about the band itself I can't put my finger on because I really LOVE T/T/T and am pretty into Pet Symmetry

17. it's weird, I think this album does a good job of avoiding the one note problem that made Intersections impenetrable initially (I grew to love it).

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I should check those out, I think of those two the only album I've heard was Pets Hounds and I liked that more than any IIOI material

19. Timmiluvs

Definitely check out the 2 EPs by T/T/T. Some amazing material on them

20. irthesteve

T/T/T is definitely worth it, I mean listen to this song. Fuckin' good

schlotty likes this.
  21. Count me in this boat as well

22. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Hopefully I'll have time to check this out this weekend.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

your lasting image sounds v ben gibbard

jordalsh likes this.
  24. First impression is that I really like this. Also a big Intersections fan though.

25. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Yeah, I want a T/T/T album so bad.. but I think all three of them are just pretty busy writing new material for other projects :/