Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Interpol - Marauder (August 24, 2018) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 24, 2018.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Interpol played an almost-to-sold-out Hollywood Bowl last fall......and the upcoming show there is like not even half sold. /SHRUG

2. what you get for choosing to go on tour with a past-it racist

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Although I don't mind seeing shade thrown at Interpol for the choice they made, I honestly do not think the low ticket sales have anything at all to do with their newest album and it's reception. I think fans are voting with their wallets so-to-speak and showing their disapproval of Morrissey.

Carrow likes this.
  4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

plus yeah anyone who wanted to see interpol in the past couple of year has had ample opportunity

Kyle is hk, airik625 and Carrow like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

extremely good record. honestly probably their third best

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I need to re-visit this. Didn’t really care for it much initially but maybe that opinion will change now that time has passed.

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Stay In Touch is still the highlight for me.

prattsy likes this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Marauder is a phenomenal album. I also love the b-sides from the Fine Mess EP that almost made the cut for the album "Real Life" and "The Weekend". Honestly, I still listen to this album all the time.

9. Maverick

Trusted

It Probably Matters is the best song by far for me, great closer.

airik625 likes this.
  10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I really dug it when I first got it, but haven't picked it up since. I'll throw it into my rotation.

11. extremely good and correct take. we are starting off 2020 very well.

12. prattsy

Regular

This is the song that got initially got me hooked in to the album. It remains my favourite on the album.

I hadn't ever heard Interpol use some of those tricks before and it kind of allowed me to get into the "okay, this is not traditional Interpol - let's judge this with a new lens" and the whole album kind of clicked once I let go of what I expected/initially hoped it would sound like

13. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

yea a couple of those songs are way too strong to be b-sides for sure, especially the weekend. favorite song tho would have to be flight of fancy.

Brother Beck likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

jkauf likes this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

How is this album 3 years old already damn

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

YES. Plus, no doubt they’re gonna do a 20 anniversary tour for Turn On The Bright Lights.

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

really love this record. that rules.

jkauf and Drew Beringer like this.