Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Interpol - Marauder (August 24, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 24, 2018.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Antics was actually the first album I heard by them. I got into it around the time of release and ended up going back and discovering TOTBL from there. I remember my brother, who was not into their music at all, buying the album for me for Christmas and saying "Here, I got you Interpolantics" like all one word because of how it looks on the album cover. He referred to the album that way for years.

2. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I know everyone talks about this band in terms of Bright Lights, but I think Antics is the more tighter, distilled essence of what Interpol really is.

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. Horrorca

Trusted

awesome album for sure but Antics lacked a lot of the unique atmosphere of the first

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Word.

5. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Subbing

6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

the rover has grown on me a ton

7. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Will never stop being excited for new music from these guys

airik625 likes this.
  8. Kyle is hk

Yo how did I miss this i need to be there

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Been listening to a lot of Interpol lately. I like The Rover, but after listening to Number 10 it's got me real excited!

10. Kyle is hk

What’s the most underrated Interpol song and why is it Mond Over Time?

11. Kyle is hk

Antics > OLTA >> TOTBL > El Pintor >>> S/T

12. Horrorca

Trusted

it’s a b-side so I guess it was destined to obscurity

All of the Ways would be my pick - so bitter and moody

airik625 likes this.
  13. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I think the whole OLTA era is generally underrated, seemed like a lot of fans and critics turned on the band around then. Personally love that album though.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  14. Horrorca

Trusted

OLtA is my fav and TOtBL is clearly their best and most powerful

airik625 likes this.
  15. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

The first 3 albums have all been my favorite at one point or another. I think I've settled on TOTBL being my favorite at this point but I love them all. I need to spend more time with the latest 2, but neither stuck with me much. I am liking both new songs a lot though.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

El Pintor is a great album. Their self titled and Antics are my two least favorite.

17. Kyle is hk

Bro you just blew my mind. I always thought it was the closer because for the last decade or whatever it wasn’t marked that way in my iTunes..

18. Horrorca

Trusted

come on dude - The Lighthouse is the perfect closer!

airik625 likes this.
  19. Kyle is hk

Also makes a great penultimate track!

20. Gooddayz

always and forever

Dang never heard Mind Over Time and it was pretty great. I'm least familiar with OLTA and S/T, but I'm puzzled why it was just a b-side on OLTA.

21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I can't say I agree with this fully, but I respect the hell out of it. For me this would be perfect if you made the two alligator mouths between OLTA & TOTBL into an " = " with the caveat that EP is still relatively new and has only gotten better and better for me over time...

I think Antics is my personal favorite, but I could honestly and very easily see someone making a case for any of their albums aside from Self-Titled (2010) being their best, even El Pintor. They are just that good. Here's to hoping Marauder can go toe-to-toe with them.

22. Horrorca

Trusted

totbl @ 3rd is ridiculous

Jim likes this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I realize most Interpol fans agree with you here, and I know I am in the minority, but I really think their first three albums are of equal quality and only end up picking Antics as my favorite out of personal preference. TOTBL is f---ing incredible and is absolutely a classic, and since it is their debut its the one that got to come out of nowhere and take everyone by surprise, and also it had no expectations to live up to at that time.

I would probably do mine like this:

TOTBL = Antics = OLTA > EP >>>>> S/T.

24. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

TOTBL > Antics > EP > OLTA > S/T

Gooddayz likes this.
  25. Horrorca

Trusted

appreciate your reply and I agree with a lot of what you think

it’s kind of cheating rating the 3 = tho

my fav is OLTA but I think TOtBL is their best and most powerful

in any case, give the s/t another chance - it might surprise you